Fine 60K@60fps vs Superfine 4K@30fps - Quality Comparison?
2080 6 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Hi guys,
Does anyone run a such quality comparison between the two modes mentioned?
I bought the Osmo Pocket especially for the 4K@60fps option but according to the DJI developement team this resolution and framerate is very very limited which is dissapointing big time...
- No Object Tracking option at 4K@60fps..
- No Superfine option at 4K@60fps...
So I wonder if maybe the 4K@30fps quality is better than the 4K@60fps ...
What's your thoughts on it ?

2019-3-20
Use props
djiuser_3PbFsVin0SFQ
lvl.2

United States

Cannot find the post but there was one who compared 4K30P normal vs superfine and conclude there was no really noticable difference.
2019-3-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I shot over 350GB mostly in 4K@30 for a month on vacation and results are much better than I expected even before the latest firmware update. You can see my unedited and non-graded result here. There is one clip at 4K@60 from a fast moving train.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-177399-1-1.html

P.S. you don't really do the OP justice watching the clips on a computer monitor (though they do look good) but I would say they look damn impressive on my 65" Samsung QLED. 2 of my friends have bought their own OP after seeing my clips on my TV.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Wiz33 Posted at 3-20 07:49
I shot over 350GB mostly in 4K@30 for a month on vacation and results are much better than I expected even before the latest firmware update. You can see my unedited and non-graded result here. There is one clip at 4K@60 from a fast moving train.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-177399-1-1.html

Amazing clips but I don't understand why don't you use the 50/60 fps frame rate that can give you smoothness and a better quality.
2019-3-20
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJDream Posted at 3-20 08:20
Amazing clips but I don't understand why don't you use the 50/60 fps frame rate that can give you smoothness and a better quality.
50/60 gives you more smooth looks and slowmotion capablity but it is not necessarily higher quality.

You can get smooth looks with right shutter speed with ND filter in any frame rate and higher frame rate cut down more light and its higher compression can lost more detail than lower frame rate.

It is all come down to preference and the right situation.
2019-3-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJDream Posted at 3-20 08:20

Part of it was clip size and battery life. I only had a 128GB SD for the trip and was too lazy to copy whatever I shot onto my laptop everyday ;-P and I also don't want to have to carry a powerbank all the time.
2019-3-20
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I used to have superfine option in 30 fps now it only works under 25 fps, anyone has the same issue with me?
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules