Does DJI ever repair a drone?
944 6 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VanHellin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43 ft
United States

I had an issue with my Mavic Air drone, which either didn't connect to remote because of solid yellow status light, or connected, only to shortly disconnect from the drone. This made the drone unusable, sadly this right before my travels to Thailand.

Now, according to DJI support site, I could either send in my drone for repairs or use the DJI care insurance I purchased for "much faster" turnaround time (assuming that's because I probably would be sent a brand new drone).
However, the drone was less than 6 months old, and still under DJI manufacturer warranty.  I didn't want to use my DJI insurance, because it wasn't a breakdown I caused by crashing it (I never crashed or mishandled the drone), but also... I didn't want my drone replaced with one that will have a new serial number.

The reason I wanted my Mavic Air drone repaired, because I had my FCC registration, expensive liability insurance, and all international permits and country specific paperwork for that serial number.

Instead of a repaired drone, I got a replacement with a new Serial Number. This was a waste of hundreds of dollars and many hours of work to prepare country-specific paperwork. If I knew I wouldn't get a repair, I would have upgraded to a Mavic 2, because I would have to re-do the paperwork anyway. So, quite inconsiderate policies from DJI with respect to repairs associated with the main board malfunction.
Please actually do the repair, not just replace it. But then again, reading a few posts on this forum, I haven't heard or anyone actually getting a repair. If that's the case, DJI should address it in their policies to not confuse people, or stipulate in which cases the drone can / cannot be repaired.

Now I have to redo all the paperwork, and re-insure the drone. "Thanks" DJI, I appreciate the new drone, but I really wanted my drone repaired.

2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi VanHellin, sorry to read the issues you had with the recent repair service. I understand that the previous Mavic Air has the registrations, liability insurance, and all international permits but in order to maintain the quality of the product, we may replace the product. If it is replaced the serial number will be changed. Since it has DJI Care it will be automatically replaced according to our After-Sales policy. I believe you paid the $79 replacement fee and this is the confirmation that you agreed for the replacement. Again, we apologize for the confusion. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
VanHellin
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 3-20 11:59
Hi VanHellin, sorry to read the issues you had with the recent repair service. I understand that the previous Mavic Air has the registrations, liability insurance, and all international permits but in order to maintain the quality of the product, we may replace the product. If it is replaced the serial number will be changed. Since it has DJI Care it will be automatically replaced according to our After-Sales policy. I believe you paid the $79 replacement fee and this is the confirmation that you agreed for the replacement. Again, we apologize for the confusion. Should you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

That's the thing, I did not choose to go via DJI Care route, I selected "Repair" option during the online Support request and specifically for that reason, did not use my $89 DJI Care insurance for this issue.
2019-3-20
Use props
VanHellin
lvl.1
United States

There was a very distinct choice given on the DJI site, to go the repair or replace route, and also whether or not to use or not to use DJI Care / service plan, which I selected Repair and not use DJI Care plan. See attached.

2019-3-20
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-20
Use props
VanHellin
lvl.1
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-20 12:27
I wish you luck but doubt they will correct their error. Either way, your serial number is long gone. Even if they try to fix the issue, I'm sure they won't be able to locate your original MA. I feel for you.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it doesn't hurt to try.
2019-3-20
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules