NFZ FRUSTRATED!!!!
4351 17 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobMia305
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

So I unlock the NFZ but my Mavic Pro 2 still doe not let me fly!!! I’m so tired of this crap. I paid 1700.00 dollars for a paperweight. I can’t even fly inside my house with propeller guards. What the hell is going on DJI. My screen shows successful but still locked.  I think it’s time to make a class action lawsuit. How can you block me from flying indoors. This is crazy! Who is having issues also?

18400B45-C2DE-4368-8372-E71964CD6CB4.png
2019-3-20
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Be sure to:
1) In Settings, sync the unlock keys
2) I found that in several cases I needed to initiate an Auto Takeoff in order to activate the unlock. Once I cleared the dialog boxes acknowledging the zone, it allowed flying for the rest of the day. (Note: it doesn't actually take off when doing the auto takeoff.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RobMia305, we are sorry for the frustration on unlocking the NFZ, please send email to flysafe@dji.com for further check, the team will help you out, thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
RobMia305
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

DJI Mindy, I just emailed them so waiting for response. Thank you
2019-3-21
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

You have/had 4 DJI drones and you just now ran into this problem?
I will not buy a Mavic 2 until NLD has unlocked them. Not worth the headaches for me.
2019-3-21
Use props
fans826dff33
New

United States

RobMia305 - I feel your pain. I wish I had never bought this things. It's really been nothing more than a constant source of every-changing frustrations. It's not an overstatement to say that's it's nearly useless.

I live near an airport, in a zone the FAA states is max 100' altitude. Applied for and received flight authorization from LAANC, through AirMap, but can't take off due to a DJI goefence issue. I'm in a NFZ. Finally figured out the process to apply for approval through DJI; received the text telling me I'm good to go, but still can't take off. Checked in the DJI Go4 app, and the unluck has a "Valid" status, but still can't take off.

There are no words to adequately express my frustration. I would be extremely happy if they would buy back this worthless piece of crap.
2019-5-5
Use props
fansb05bb589
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325725 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain!  I'm having the same problem.  I live about 4 miles from a regional airport, no where near the runway alignment but after the last firmware update, I got the cannot fly message.  I went through the unlock drill and succeeded, then the next day I tried to fly and cannot take off was still there!  Tried unlocking again, not no luck.  I don't want to fly the drone a long distance; I just want to get it ariborne above the tree line to check out camera settings and try different things.  Very frustrating. If you or anyone finds a solution, please let me know!
2019-5-6
Use props
Starfire3D
lvl.2
New Zealand

Luckily the CAA here (our FAA) isn't as anal about drones  as the USA FAA is. (knocks on wood)...Give them time though...
2019-5-18
Use props
3D Reflections
New
United States

I have had the same issues for 3 weeks and have lost several aerial photography jobs because of Fly Safe.  
25+ emails and phones calls to DJI support and all they do is apologize for the inconvenience, issue gibberish for instructions, and say "send a video of your (unsuccessful) unlocking procedure to the technical dept at Fly Safe".   Their support is less than bad.....it's be nice if they hired people who can communicate in English
FYI, I fly a P4P+ which i'm wondering is part of the problem, as I can't get the unlock key from the DJI Go 4 app on my cell phone into the control station/remote control....
2019-6-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Keep pressing.  I usually am able to successfully unlock and fly.  I really do hope that you can reach a resolve.
2019-6-12
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fans826dff33 Posted at 5-5 16:00
RobMia305 - I feel your pain. I wish I had never bought this things. It's really been nothing more than a constant source of every-changing frustrations. It's not an overstatement to say that's it's nearly useless.

I live near an airport, in a zone the FAA states is max 100' altitude. Applied for and received flight authorization from LAANC, through AirMap, but can't take off due to a DJI goefence issue. I'm in a NFZ. Finally figured out the process to apply for approval through DJI; received the text telling me I'm good to go, but still can't take off. Checked in the DJI Go4 app, and the unluck has a "Valid" status, but still can't take off.

If the unlock is VALID in the app, push the sticks on the controller, a new message will appear and asking for confirmation, after that you can take of...
(in the manual they forget this part.., i had to refresh the app also and login again, the license is in the account.) Good luck!
2019-6-12
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

BobB Posted at 3-21 04:15
You have/had 4 DJI drones and you just now ran into this problem?
I will not buy a Mavic 2 until NLD has unlocked them. Not worth the headaches for me.

been done?

https://nolimitdronez.com/mavic-2-info
2019-6-12
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Billboyheritagesurvey Posted at 6-12 23:33
been done?

https://nolimitdronez.com/mavic-2-info

Asking the wrong person?
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_JmnNOZsUrP9Q
New

United States

Just got a Mavic 2 Zoom and am already beyond frustrated. Am completely unable to takeoff indoors or even in my backyard at under 10 ft to practice the controls in a controlled private area. Had I known this, would’ve purchased an Autel or other model. This NFZ restriction must be removed before a class action lawsuit. Surprised it hasn’t happened yet. Will explore.
2020-1-13
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

People,
You need to have an internet connection.....thru wifi or if in the field a HOT SPOT so you can be logged into your DJI acct.

Also,  you need to look in your UNLOCK LICENSE part of DJI GO4 and make sure to turn OFF any other areas that may show as UNLOCKED.......the system knows if you are TOO far away from an unlocked zone.  So it won't let you take off......
2020-1-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

To the new people:
You need to unlock through DJI Self Unlock by registering the controllers serial number.  If you are running low on battery and bump a wall it will trigger a Critical Low voltage warning and immediately land because it takes a bunch of power to restabilize after the wall impact.  Just fly out in the backyard, front yard, a park, a huge parking lot.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

To all who are new:
To be honest the drone is so stable that if you have a full GPS lock, properly calibrated everything, right RTH set, ensure you aren't flying into obstacles, props on right, you can fly distance and have no issue.  Flying inside doesn't really develop confidence at all.  In fact it can lower confidence as a lot of things are blowing around.  It feels scarier.  These things can handle massive winds.  Just practice in tripod mode if you are very new in 3rd person.  Just don't let it get wet otherwise it might short out and crash later.
2020-1-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, as soon as I unlocked mine I was able to fly.  Keep trying it will eventually give in.
2020-1-18
Use props
fans1376b5b5
New

United States

My echo a lot of people's frustrations. My DJI mavic pro 2 is my 3rd DJI drone and the last drone I will ever buy from DJI.  
2021-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules