Urgent Help Needed! Got a Black Screen and nothing seems to Fix it.
1552 13 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swavikash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1089 ft

Fiji

Hey Guys. Was playing around with the DJI Go 4 app a bit trying to figure out all the features. The Screen went black as soon as I tried to change Transmissio from Normal to Smooth. Re-Started my phone (Sony Xperia X) and connected to the Mavic again. Got the live feed back. Just to see if this was caused by changing the Transmission, I once again tried to change it but time from normal to HD. The screen went black again and its almost 2 weeks, still Black.
I've seen a lot of people compplain about this issue but couldn't find a solid solution for it yet. Things I have tried since:
*Restarting my Phone
*Trying to connect to Mavic outside, out of the house where there is no interference.
*Try to connect on Samsung Tablet
*Reset camera Settings
*Downgrade App E.g. 4.2.12
*Connect using the sequence: Turn on Mavic first, remote then connect to Phone
                                            Turn on RC First, Mavic then Connect

*Tried on different SD card: Currently Sandisk Extreme 64GB A2 U3. Doesn't record to any SD after it went black. Can record to Phone Cache without SD but footage is black.

Nothing worked so far.

Don't think it is a Hardware (Mavic) Issue as I didn't crash it. Gimbal control works. Still flys. I bought it off a friend and got the ribion chaged so thats probably not the issue.

Anyone who had similar issue in the past know of any solutions?
2019-3-20
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen where the side connection port on the Mavic controller can go bad. Try unplugging the supplied cable from the side and use the USB plug on the bottom of the controller directly to your phone.
2019-3-20
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have already tried that days ago. No luck. Like I said, the app and all worked all fine until I tried to change transmission setting on the App.
2019-3-20
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a different device? just to see if it will react to different device.
2019-3-20
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

@Lucas775..Yes, On a Samsung Tablet. Its worked fine on my device all this while. Even flew a friends P4 with my Sony Xperia. No issues what so ever. Like I said, it has got something to do with the app transmission setting,
2019-3-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SwavFJ Posted at 3-20 20:49
@Lucas775..Yes, On a Samsung Tablet. Its worked fine on my device all this while. Even flew a friends P4 with my Sony Xperia. No issues what so ever. Like I said, it has got something to do with the app transmission setting,

Have you tried completely deleting GO-4 App, ensuring all GO-4 stuff is trash canned.
Then re-installing GO-4 App.  

I don't have a Sony Xperia smartphone, but do have Android OS based CrystalSky Ultra.  Seem to remember that simply deleting GO-4 App, did not delete all GO-4 App files.  Lots of stuff left behind that took manually deleting.
2019-3-20
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-20 21:56
Have you tried completely deleting GO-4 App, ensuring all GO-4 stuff is trash canned.
Then re-installing GO-4 App.  

Actually just tried to connect on a Samsung Galaxy note 9, thats the  latest device. Downloaded the app for the first time in that Phone, created a new account , still get the Black Screen. So I guess deleting everything from my phone (Sony xperia) wouldn't make any difference as it didn't work on a note 9.

2019-3-20
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

If someone from DJI could tell me why I got a black screen just by changing the transmission setting, both times, it would be of great help. I can't send it over to DJI/ service center as I'm in Fiji and also the dude I bought the drone from purchased it about 1.5 years ago so there may not be a warranty on it.

Just need a good solution that I can try at home. It's really frustrating that everything else works apart form the live feed.
2019-3-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SwavFJ Posted at 3-20 22:30
Actually just tried to connect on a Samsung Galaxy note 9, thats the  latest device. Downloaded the app for the first time in that Phone, created a new account , still get the Black Screen. So I guess deleting everything from my phone (Sony xperia) wouldn't make any difference as it didn't work on a note 9.

Since drone won't record anything to microSD card and still have same (black screen) problem with Samsung Galaxy, that would point to drone.

You might try using Assistant-2 to set drone back to default settings, then re-flash current firmware
2019-3-20
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-20 22:58
Since drone won't record anything to microSD card and still have same (black screen) problem with Samsung Galaxy, that would point to drone.

You might try using Assistant-2 to set drone back to default settings, then re-flash current firmware

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions. Can you tell me how would I go about using A-2 to reset drone and "Re-flash"(what does this mean?) current firmware.

I still haven't used the Assistant-2 software but I will download it now.
2019-3-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SwavFJ Posted at 3-21 01:27
Hi, Thanks for your suggestions. Can you tell me how would I go about using A-2 to reset drone and "Re-flash"(what does this mean?) current firmware.

I still haven't used the Assistant-2 software but I will download it now.

A heads up.  Thanks to DJI not addressing install issues with Windows version of Assistant-2, Assistant-2 is a royal pain to install and getting work.  If you have a Mac running OS-X, Assistant-2 is easier to install, but some features of Assistant-2 will not work, again thanks to DJI.

Once you get Assistant-2 work, it will have main-menu with sub-menus.  One of which leads to changing drone's firmware.  You can update drone's firmware, sometimes downgrade drone's firmware (depends on version of firmware already installed), and you can re-load current version of firmware the drone is running.  DJI refers to re-loading current version as Re-flash or Re-flashing.  

Some of common "have you tried this" from DJI is to Re-flash current firmware, delete GO-4 and reinstall GO-4, and reset some (or all) of drone's settings to factory defaults.  With reset of what depending on where problem appears to be.
2019-3-21
Use props
SwavFJ
lvl.1

Fiji

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-21 06:48
A heads up.  Thanks to DJI not addressing install issues with Windows version of Assistant-2, Assistant-2 is a royal pain to install and getting work.  If you have a Mac running OS-X, Assistant-2 is easier to install, but some features of Assistant-2 will not work, again thanks to DJI.

Once you get Assistant-2 work, it will have main-menu with sub-menus.  One of which leads to changing drone's firmware.  You can update drone's firmware, sometimes downgrade drone's firmware (depends on version of firmware already installed), and you can re-load current version of firmware the drone is running.  DJI refers to re-loading current version as Re-flash or Re-flashing.  

Hi, Could the issue point to the grey video cable even though the aircraft wasn't crashed? Could changing the transmission on the app somehow "fried or damaged" the video cable?
2019-3-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SwavFJ Posted at 3-22 19:27
Hi, Could the issue point to the grey video cable even though the aircraft wasn't crashed? Could changing the transmission on the app somehow "fried or damaged" the video cable?

Only way I can imagine such happening is if cable was already damaged.   With changing the transmission involved in increasing camera's resolution, resulting in camera drawing more power, ultimately pulling more power through damaged cable than it could handle.  Very unlikely.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Swavikash. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with a black screen using your mobile devices ( Sony Xperia X and Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ). Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Mavic Pro? Actually, there is a  possibility that the Sony Xperia X and Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Please keep us updated on the said issue for us to help your further. Thank you.

2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules