Asteroid Quick Shot issue
1933 2 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

I recently tried to take an asteroid quick shot. The drone went up, took the shot and came back. But when i checked the gallery in the DJI app, the video was not there. Later when i checked in my phone gallery, i can see that the thumbnail of the asteroid shot is present, but upon comprehensive check, i couldnt find the video on my Phone too, nor on the Drone SD card. I took nearly 4 asteroid shots that day, and only 1 had this issue. Rest 3 were proper. What could be the reason?

How does the asteroid shot work? I mean the stiching of the pics happen instantly or takes some time? One more point to add here is that just after i finished taking the effected asteroid shot, i immediately turned off the drone and took out the SD card and instantly transferred all my videos to the PC, as i was in a hurry.
Note: The app did show me the notification that the quick shot is completed, before i turned it off.

Then later i put the empty SD card back in drone.

Please let me know your views on this.
Thanks,
Dinesh

2019-3-20
Use props
elberti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hei -- As you said you took nearly 4 asteroids and only 1 had the issue; you might have clicked or interrupted the shot, or just completed only 3. Note the asteroids are fully completed at the MA's end and recorded to the SD card, if inserted. In addition, even if you see the notification of completion, the percent is still elaborating the shot so you have to wait until it goes to 100%. In this way you might have also interrupted the last ateroid. LMK
2019-3-21
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Well, i faced this issue initially but later figured it out. For someone who is still looking for a fix, here it is:
- While taking the asteroid quick shot, wait till it shows the msg that its completed the asteroid shot.
- do not disconnect or poweroff or remove the Card or delete the contents of the card, from the drone instantly after you finished recording.
- in the dji go app, open the camera view and click on the small "play" button on the screen located in the right hand side bottom of the screen.
- On clicking it, you will find your asteroid shot. Click it, it will ask you to complete the processing of the asteroid shot and download the asteroid shot.
- Once thats done, then only it will show up on your phone gallery or dji go album or SD card.

Now, to be frank, i dont like the way DJI implemented this whole process of getting the asteroid shot. It should be instantly processed and the final output should get instantly saved in the SD card after the quickshot is over. If its gonna take time, then show some progress to the user thats its processing the final output and copying to SD card.
I as a user, instantly remove the SD card and move the card contents instantly to the PC, as i mostly want to record some more shots on the same sd card, and my expectation was to find my asteroid shot present in the SD card contents. But it wont be there unless you follow the whole drama mentioned above. Most of the times, i just copy the video files assuming that the asteroid shot was present in one of those videos; and then i delete some other supporting files that DJI creates. But dont do that. Because those supporting files are the ones which will be used by DJI app to process your asteroid shot. If you have deleted those files and folders, then forget your asteroid shot. I did that mistake many time.

DJI, one request - please make the capturing and storing of the quickshot output files on SD card instant and more easy to use. Make all the processings while taking the shot, before you show the message that the quickshot is complete. So that when user will be removing the SD card, the shot should be readily present on the SD card. He shouldnt do all the above disco dance. Hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware updates.
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules