DJI Osmo Handle Main Board Part Identification
2800 8 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hfosteriv
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone, my first post on here so I will try to be as accurate and informative as possilble!
I have a DJI Osmo Zenmuse X3 camera, and had made a 3D printed external battery setup (before they were market available). Yesterday during normal use my osmo decided to turn ff and not turn back on afterwords, after som basic disassembly, i found a slight burning smell from the inside of the handle unit (part 17 I believe). I dissassembled the entire unit and did some circuit testing and visual inspection to find only one issue component located on the bottom left of the board(indicated by red box in image below). With the battery pushed against the terminals I get a reading at the pin indicated by the green box below But after that I get no 3v3 reading at any of the testpoints on the board but I do get the nominal voltage reading at the first 12v testpoint.

The chip was pretty burned up, and when I tried to remove it gently under a microscope, it crumbled into nothing but before I removed it I was able to get 4 large letters off of it that read AEUG but didnt find anything more.

I am wondering if anyone else here knows what chip this AEUG chip is so I can order another from mouser or digikey. I dont want to have to order another handle new with such a simple repair, and I am concerned about buying a donor handle for parts when this seems like it might be one of the reasons for the issues with the donor handle too.

Yes this is a simple repair for myself, I am an engineer that runs a 'side business' of doing component level repair for various small electronics, namley laptops so I am really not interested in just purchasing a replacement.

Just looking to see if I can get any information about the chip, I plan to call DJI and explain the situation to see if they can provide me with the specifications for replacement but I want to get several irons in the fire so to speak.

Thanks for your time and reading.

Board view with component issue location:

The pin that is showing the 12v nominal supply:

2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hfosteriv. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo and for the troubles that it may cause. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. The repair fee would depend on the After-Sales Service Policies and the warranty of the said product. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

2019-3-23
Use props
hfosteriv
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 13:01
Hello and good day hfosteriv. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Osmo and for the troubles that it may cause. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. The repair fee would depend on the After-Sales Service Policies and the warranty of the said product. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Hi And thanks for your reply. I looked into the repair service provided by DJI and it is quite a markup in price considering the component that has failed is less than $10 USD to replace. I am just looking to get the specifications about the component that needs to be replaced in order to order from a third party, likely digikey or mouser. Since this is a relatively easy repair to do, is like to say the large service fee and do the repair in house.

Thanks for your reply.
2019-3-26
Use props
ypsdario
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37480 ft
Colombia

Could you give a solution? Something similar happened to me, I bought the complete module in Amazon, but when installing it did not work, I think that by doing short I also damage the Main Board since the equipment does not turn on, I do not know if something similar happened to you?
2019-11-7
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

haiii DJi where can i buy dji osmo part  like this?     
2020-1-6
Use props
anto noprianto
lvl.1

Indonesia

because my screw hole is brocken on that part
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_yZZGCRzvd3Y4
New

United States

did you ever get a response? mine is broken as well, I can't seem to find that part anywhere on line.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_yZZGCRzvd3Y4
New

United States

anto noprianto Posted at 2020-1-6 00:59
[view_image] because my screw hole is brocken on that part

did you ever get a response? mine is broken as well, I can't seem to find that part anywhere on line.
2022-5-5
Use props
ibaguilera
New

United States

any idea where I can purchase this bezel? mine has broken, can't seem to find them anywhere on line.

2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules