1048 5 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric..
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122900 ft
Malaysia

Hi All,

I will travel from Malaysia to Australia this weekend. Would like to know what is the rule when taking drone to Australia. Do I need to discharge all the batteries?

Thanks.

Regards,
  Eric

2019-3-21
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I remember correctly from other threads where this question was asked, the batteries have to be in your carry on and the number of batteries and how charged they can be varies from airline to airline. You could probably check the airline's website for their LiPo battery policy or post on here which airline and maybe someone will know.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend contacting the local authority in Australia for you to have an idea about the policy on using the aircraft. You may also check this link: www.dji.com/flysafe to check the level of restriction on each location in this said country. For carrying the batteries in the airport. I would recommend before you carry the intelligent flight battery on an airline flight, it must first be fully discharged. This can be done by using your aircraft until the battery is depleted. Only discharge the batter in a fireproof location.  Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-21
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I flew out of Gatwick this week, I always run the batteries down to about 50% charge. I put them in a Lipo fire resistant bag with all the terminals covered. At security I put all the batteries and the Drone on display in the security tray. Never had a question or stopped at security.

I take them on the plane in a flight cabin case. For the first time I was not able to take my case into the cabin, nearly panicked, however I was able to remove the Drone bag from the cabin case and carried it on to the plane and put it under the seat with my small ruck sack. The virtually empty cabin bag was put in the hold free of charge. Was flying Norwegian to Norway.
org_e766e309b57958bc_1553161390000.jpg
org_4d405d72cbdc028a_1553161504000.jpg
2019-3-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had my batteries checked on two occasions and luckily the where below 50%.

Just to be safe I would say yes, nothing worst than missing your flight or not being able

to board because you didn't discharged you batteries. Some will say otherwise but I'm speaking from experience.

I was traveling in the states.
2019-3-21
Use props
Eric..
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122900 ft
Malaysia

Thanks all for the suggestion and comment.

Saw from following links related to battery handling at airport.

https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/travelling-safely-batteries

2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules