DJI acknowledges Goggles RE design flaw
33298 448 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Drone2020 Posted at 12-6 13:01
HOW CAN YOU VERIFY THEY WERE PRODUCED LATER THAN FEB 2019? Im about to buy a set but holding back due to this not being fixed since i have the zoom. Also.. are the white googles effectes aswell? With Chriatmas aroimd the corner, i was aboit to buy these racing google for my zoom. But by the looks of this thread... DJI hasnt fixed it amd will probably never fix it. Damn. So bummed out. So my queation is, is it safe to buy the white gogglea or are they bad aswell?  Anyone knoe a solid answer? I might al together sell my zoom amd invest in Skydio for its amazing tracking system.

I've already placed my order with another drone manufacturer with good customer service.  For me, most of the interesting footage is down low  at tree top level anyway.

DJI you're going to have to learn the value of customer service and stand by your advertising.  You need to understand that empty apologies are empty and have no value, they just aggravate people off even when they have cute little blushing avatars.  Admit that there is a problem and when or if it can be fixed.  If it can't be fixed then help your customers or lose them.  In short, respect your customers and don't act like you are doing them a favor.

Gene
2019-12-8
Use props
Gene2
lvl.3
United States

Gene2 Posted at 12-8 11:03
I've already placed my order with another drone manufacturer with good customer service.  For me, most of the interesting footage is down low  at tree top level anyway.

DJI you're going to have to learn the value of customer service and stand by your advertising.  You need to understand that empty apologies are empty and have no value, they just aggravate people off even when they have cute little blushing avatars.  Admit that there is a problem and when or if it can be fixed.  If it can't be fixed then help your customers or lose them.  In short, respect your customers and don't act like you are doing them a favor.

Skydio 2 is an option with good customer service.

Gene
2019-12-8
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 11-5 06:29
My RE Goggles have been sitting in the case I purchased for them for months now, they are too frustrating to use. I was hoping for an update on the firmware but now that they have moved on (New FPV Goggle for $800) it doesn't look likely. I have the Ocusync Air system that I haven't been able to use, I noticed the New FPV system claims you can save to the SD card in the drone transmitter which is something that they never got around to working on the Ocusync Air system....
Shame, I like the new Mavic Mini but I'm not giving anymore money to DJI until they address all the issues with the Mavic 2 and Goggles RE...
Yeah, its a sad truth, that paying top dollar for "top of the line" products only to be dissapointed but then even worse, being IGNORED by DJI, because a RE recall would be expensive...

Having had a history of great products mean all of jack-*** once you crap on your customer base. Leaving the only option... to go with a different company, which is what Im doing! I wont mention other brands but there are some capable of greatness, with our support!

The sad sad truth, at least for USA customers, is DJI is getting huge, supplying M210 w/ XT2 ($28K) & M2EDs to all our local, county, and large metro public safety depts due to old laws of seizure (from drugged out 80's) allowing the seizure of ANYONES money and property, costing 4-5 figures to hire lawyers to get back, so most just let them keep it (Look it up: Police Civil Forfeiture by VICE)

So, with that massive slush fund being throw at them, Do you really think DJI cares about us "Con/Prosumers"?

I hope Im wrong... On all of this
2019-12-9
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just chiming in with my .02, I have the range issue with my smart controller as well as the regular controller. Loss of signal and image transmission failure at around 500ft.
Latest firmware in everything and have the antenna attached.
2019-12-11
Use props
mau47
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Disappointed that after all this time I come back to this thread to see that nothing has been done by DJI to resolve the issue.
2020-1-24
Use props
Consultico
lvl.1
Australia

mau47 Posted at 1-24 07:42
Disappointed that after all this time I come back to this thread to see that nothing has been done by DJI to resolve the issue.

I was just about to pull the trigger on purchasing a set of DJI Goggles Racing Edition for use with a Mavic 2 Pro with normal controller (I just recently purchased a Smart Controller so I could have dual controller modes).

This thread made me scratch my head at first but then I came to realise that potentially it's a firmware quirk and/or constructive / destructive RF interference.

For those people for whom this works, could you please estimate your height, and the distance between your hands (where you hold the remote) and the headset on your head in cm?

For those for whom this doesn't work, could you also tell me the distance between your head and where you'd be holding the remote? Would you be willing to give the headset to a friend and have them walk away from you while you control the drone on your remote, and see if you're still getting the same drop-out issue?

I read online that the headset has head tracking, thus that means it will point the gimbal towards whichever way you look... this indicates to me that the headset must send control signals to the drone, which means that at some point you may be getting destructive interference if the RF channels are too close together and there's skew/jitter in the signal. Changing the position of the two units might fix this.

Alternatively it's a firmware/software combination most likely to blame. I have my doubts that it would be hardware.

Still not sure whether or not to buy the unit, as currently they're $859 AUD and I have a 5% discount voucher. Given I am in Australia it might be easier to return them if it doesn't work, as Australian Consumer Law protects me. Just need to make sure I test it as soon as I get it.
2020-6-23
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I'm having a problem with my Goggles RE as well. I have a M2P, SC and Goggles RE. The Video feed to the goggles drops quite often, but hitting the Back button seems to bring it back. Once in a while the SC boots up with no video feed from the M2P as well. Rebooting the SC seems to restore the video feed. Might be a weak WiFi signal in my house. Who knows. I should also mention that when the video feed to the SC is blank, I can still snap images.
2020-6-23
Use props
kraft_666
lvl.1
United States

My RE goggles with Ocusync have a range problem that DJI is unable to fix after I paid $221 to have the VRx PCBA replaced by the DJI repair department. The video feed continues to freeze and lose signal within 1-mile. I am really disappointed with both products. Here is the video and I appreciate any solution?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0Q20U7V5o
2021-4-10
Use props
pr0tik
lvl.1
Australia

1) Now that DJI Goggles RE has been discontinued, has anyone actually managed to use the Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro without facing the range issue?
2) Does the white goggles face the range same issue with Mavic 2 Pro? I am considering to purchase a used goggles for M2P and wondering if the white model would be give similar dramas
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules