Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SherryHackland
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1132 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

I’m wondering if you can help me.

I recently crashed my spark while getting a shot of my girlfriend and I cooking from outside my second story apartment window.
The drone started drifting towards a tree and every time I corrected it, it drifted again.

I had turned off the vision sensors because I know I wouldn’t have been able to get it back through the window unless obstacle avoidance was off. (Idiot move, I know)

Anyway the drone flew into some vines on the tree and fell to the ground.

Luckily there was no actual damage. Just three broken propellers.
No cracks, no scratches or marks or any other sign of damage.

I got the propellers replaced in time for my holiday in 8 days however the drone refuses to fly.

It’s in atti mode and won’t take off at all.

A notification pops up saying that there’s no GPS meanwhile all four lights are solid red.

I thought I might need to replace the GPS unit. A pretty simple fix- but when I opened it up, the module looks untouched.

If anyone has any ideas or knows what’s gone wrong I would really appreciate your help.

I have calibrated the IMU but its still not working.
I have also updated the firmware to the latest version.

Thanks guys.
2019-3-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Think you should visit a service center.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear for what happened. With regards to that. You may give a try first to fly in a different area/location and see if you will get a GPS, if still no luck, unfortunately, the only option would be sending it into the facility for further checking, and as you mention you got a four solid red led on each arm of the Aircraft right? Meaning it's on the critical error. You may reach out one of our support channels by going to this link https://www.dji.com/support
2019-3-22
Use props
SherryHackland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 08:48
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear for what happened. With regards to that. You may give a try first to fly in a different area/location and see if you will get a GPS, if still no luck, unfortunately, the only option would be sending it into the facility for further checking, and as you mention you got a four solid red led on each arm of the Aircraft right? Meaning it's on the critical error. You may reach out one of our support channels by going to this link https://www.dji.com/support

Yeah, a solid red light on each arm.

I tried flying it in my garden where I usually get about 16 satellites.

I may very well have to take it in for repairs. Is a critical error usually hardware related?  
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SherryHackland Posted at 3-22 10:21
Yeah, a solid red light on each arm.

I tried flying it in my garden where I usually get about 16 satellites.

For now, we can't assume yet if it's a hardware issue. Since this will need to be diagnosed first and for the team to find out what could be the reason. Best regards!
2019-3-22
Use props
SherryHackland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-22 10:42
For now, we can't assume yet if it's a hardware issue. Since this will need to be diagnosed first and for the team to find out what could be the reason. Best regards!

I go to South Africa this time next week. I don’t have time to send it in to get it repaired.

Do you have anything I can try to fix it myself?
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SherryHackland Posted at 3-22 16:38
I go to South Africa this time next week. I don’t have time to send it in to get it repaired.

Do you have anything I can try to fix it myself?

Thank you for the additional inquiry. The best thing we can do is for you to send in the Spark for further analysis and repair since the unit encountered accident before. There might be some components inside the unit that might have been affected on the said incident. It will depend but it is also for us to know what is the root cause of the issue. Thank you for understanding. 
2019-3-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's drifting because you need to calibrate Compass.  It would say "normal" but it's not.  It's normal practice to compass calibrate with DIY drones when you have a "drifting" problem.  My footage used to be tilted too at the gimbal and seemed to "drift" but after doing a compass calibration it's steady as a rock.
2019-3-25
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

I think that when it fell down it either broke something inside or probably the reason why it started drifting was because the GPS didn't work in the first place and there was a little wind so the drone drifted because the positioning system did not work.  
2019-4-2
Use props
djiuser_LzbVLoXItqrP
New

United States

hi there, i have the same issues with my DJI Spark, crashed it into a tree not my fault, and now i have all solid red light on each arm. and its says cant not take off because gps is off... what do i do please?
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_xviA9S6jIcUd
New

India

Hello friends, I have the same issue. I brought 2nd hand spark from a friend and I dint check it before buying because he stay near no fly area. And he dint use the drone for years.

I brought it home and charged all batteries and When I started the drone it is showing all 4 solid red and drone connected with app and it won’t take off. Even after connecting the light dint change, still all 4 solid red.
Error Showing cannot take off…. GPS disconnected try to off the drone and reconnect.

Can anyone give me ideas or suggestions how to resolve this issue
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules