Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-s crack noises on the TILT axis
8711 20 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryankite_dop
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone,

when belancing the Ronin-S and going around with the tilt axis, I noticed a cracking noise from the rotation moving up/down.
At first I tought it was the camera, but it was the mecanical movement of the tilt. Without the camera does the same noise, like an old door.

I have to mention that the sound comes either the gimbal is on or off.

Please let me know if is there anything I can do in order to fix this.
Thank you

Down bellow is a short video I've done for a better visualisation of the issue:

2019-3-22
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dbl post........
2019-3-22
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry if i missed some things, but did you remove the payload off ther gimbal and then moved around the unit? Sounds like flex in some parts of the cage that are tweaked. I say the latter because I’ve worked with arri’s in cages (tilta cage)and i hear this ticking sound (lack of a better term) because of something being over torqued.
Not saying anything is over torqued, but how do tings sound with no load? What if you remove the cage and balance the camera.lens only?

What if you manipulate the camera cage with camera/lens installed and flex it with your hands whilst OFF the gimbal?

Did this sound happen on day one of using the gimbal? Is this your first time balding and using the gimbal? Please pardon my ignorant questions, but I want to make sure I’m on the same page bro.

What’s your camera by the way? And lens?
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Ryankite_dop, my apologies for the inconvenience. This concern has already been coordinated to our designated team. If your product is within the warranty period, I would suggest you contact our support team to start up a ticket. Kindly use this link to contact us: support@dji.com  Again, sorry for the unpleasant experience and I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-22
Use props
ryankite_dop
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

What do you mean?
2019-3-26
Use props
Rhendriks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280922 ft

Netherlands

I have the same issue. When walking with my camera while its on the gimbal i hear load cracking sounds. on the right side motor part. Do you suggest to return my dji ronin s ?
2019-4-2
Use props
LaoTrav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the exact same issue
2019-4-2
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, and now mine can't keep level horizon....
2019-4-2
Use props
Rhendriks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280922 ft

Netherlands

Hello dji, could you answer our questions please?
2019-4-22
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have the same issue - the cracking/ticking noise. Did any of you get it sorted out? If so, how? Thanks.
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_0sHvMxXCsBMW
lvl.1

Poland

Same here! And camera after start cant hold lever for minut or two.
2019-6-29
Use props
Deniss Films
New

United Kingdom

Same problem. Tried to contact with dji via online chat, said you have to email them, okay, emailed, so had a chat,  thay asked me to sent all this information, after that - No response from them at all.
Sent 2 or 3 times all that information, used another email, still same.  Just ignoring me! Have few problems!!!! but looks like last product from dji, worsest customer service ever!
Gonna make new tread now.
2019-7-14
Use props
markbeltran
lvl.1

Me too exactly the same problem
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_ms9ft5zMp7zk
lvl.1

I have exactly the same problem with my Ronin S. I am trying to help from DJI.. any solutions?
2019-10-1
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue... a clicking, ticking, noise from the motors while in use.  Everything's perfectly balanced, autotuned, etc.  My setup is a Sony A7III w/ Tamron 17-28, so pretty light.
2020-2-5
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Ronin-S is perfect.. 100% no noise or anything but it's an A7 III with 24-240mm w/ everything setup right.  I never tried any other lens or cage so I'm not sure.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_fwZ1VoqEnS0k
New
Flight distance : 78465 ft
United States

I have this IDENTICAL issue with my Ronin S. Has there been any updates with rhis? DJI hello?
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_fwZ1VoqEnS0k
New
Flight distance : 78465 ft
United States

I have this IDENTICAL issue with my Ronin S. Has there been any updates with rhis? DJI hello?
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_mOoueMs1qpOa
New

Romania

I have the same problem at Rs2...
2022-1-11
Use props
fans3b13692e
New

United States

I have the exact problem and it is getting louder the more i use the gimbal (Ronin S btw)
common DJI do something
2022-4-27
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you guys get this issue resolved ? What was the outcome?
4-8 03:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules