Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hyper Log Gamma (HLG)-quick look
2485 18 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm very late to the game as a mavic Pro 2 owner as I had already invested in 2 of the originals as a commercial operator so it was hard to justify a third!
I'm sure most subjects have been well and truly covered but haven't seen much on Hyper Log Gamma (HLG) format so thought I'd give it a quick look.

2019-3-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Notes are on the actual vimeo page
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing this wonderful and stunning video. Visited the Actual page and thank for additional info. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-3-22
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Gamora, I think there are a couple of things to learn in here (and we're all learning!) Maybe fly a little slower than you think for cinematic shots, especially closer to the subject, as motion blur can kick in. It's not so bad when peeling around an object as the area in the centre of the lens is effectively not moving much at all. Also in the second shot I was using a polar pro PL/ND combination. I was a bit disturbed with the cyan sky color banding it gives when you shoot at right angles to the sun. As I was sticking to just using FCPX to color grade, this wasn't possible to fix. I will be sticking to NDs only until I, or Polar Pro, can find a resolution to this.
2019-3-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabulous and stunning footage. Thanks for sharing
2019-3-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice footage, great location
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

christangey1 Posted at 3-22 16:44
Thanks Gamora, I think there are a couple of things to learn in here (and we're all learning!) Maybe fly a little slower than you think for cinematic shots, especially closer to the subject, as motion blur can kick in. It's not so bad when peeling around an object as the area in the centre of the lens is effectively not moving much at all. Also in the second shot I was using a polar pro PL/ND combination. I was a bit disturbed with the cyan sky color banding it gives when you shoot at right angles to the sun. As I was sticking to just using FCPX to color grade, this wasn't possible to fix. I will be sticking to NDs only until I, or Polar Pro, can find a resolution to this.

You're most welcome here. Should you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-3-23
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ramon Posted at 3-23 16:44
Calidad fantástica.

gracias Ramon
2019-3-23
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am new to the 2 pro, and I dont quite understand what hlg is or when to use it.
2019-3-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome footage
2019-3-23
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-23 23:25
I am new to the 2 pro, and I dont quite understand what hlg is or when to use it.

If you go the actual vimeo page the notes there will give you a better feel for it, if you have any other questions after that please come back to this page. Really it's a pro format that will give you 10 bit color, it's other advantage is it is in H265 (HEVC) so files are smaller for effectively the same quality.
2019-3-24
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

very good video
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Very nice one, thanks for sharing.
2019-3-25
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I've now added several new shots
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

Excellent footage, Chris. I was browsing around your work on Vimeo, and I must say, color me impressed! I’m a total sucker for any cameraperson who knows how to properly set and maintain exposure throughout a scene. As to HLG, I had some degrees of success with it when I worked in a traditional computer environment everyday, but the format currently isn’t compatible with iOS  which place is it outside my current workflow.  While HLG makes for outstanding footage, I personally think the versatility of more standard formats are the better choice, at least for now anyway.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 16:51
Excellent footage, Chris. I was browsing around your work on Vimeo, and I must say, color me impressed! I’m a total sucker for any cameraperson who knows how to properly set and maintain exposure throughout a scene. As to HLG, I had some degrees of success with it when I worked in a traditional computer environment everyday, but the format currently isn’t compatible with iOS  which place is it outside my current workflow.  While HLG makes for outstanding footage, I personally think the versatility of more standard formats are the better choice, at least for now anyway.

....for HLG has no wiggle room concerning exposure.
2019-3-29
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Lux, yes I’m shooting in the HLG format but do not need to take it right through the workflow. What I do need it for is for Broadcasters I license to, including the two who developed HLG, i.e BBC and NHK. I simply keep the master HLG files for them and they can grade it any way they want!
2019-3-29
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Nice, love the colors!!!
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules