Platinum- Gimbal motor load too large.
5517 13 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

After 9000000 meters flight distance and 295 hours flight time the gimbal from platimun went crazy!Because I knew it would come this day. I had previously ordered a flat ribbon cable. so after I had the spare part, i repaired it  myself. it took me 5 hours

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day integer. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. If you will have any issues or concerns with your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum in the future with regards to this matter. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-3-23
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 10:42
Hello and good day integer. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. If you will have any issues or concerns with your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum in the future with regards to this matter. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Stephen! Have a nice day
2019-3-23
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15459 ft

United States

Hey there, im having a gimbal load error myself.  Drone took a fall from anout 15ft and broke one front landing gear and trashed the props/rotors.  I replaced the props and fired it back up and now get the "gimbal load error"     its kind of doing the same thing as yours but it only slams up and down when i roll the left camera control (wheel on left side of controller)  camera is still clear, and drone still flys perfect but i can not get the camera to re center itself.
i removed it to look for obvious breakage and found nothing, all ribbons are in good shape as well as the gimbal arm. Everything moves freely.   

I did try to recalibrate it and it would not move past 5% progress and then throw an error code

Any idea where to start as far as replacement parts
2019-3-23
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Great tutorial Integer. This is going to come in very useful one day for my (out of warranty) MP
2019-3-23
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

i have fired the drone back up and re calibrated the compass.  but im still getting the load error....the camera is acting like it is tumbling through the air or being flipped over and over again.

picture is crystal clear and gimble is free moving
all rubber bands attached
mount is above the tab that also causes other errors (checked that first)

gimbal still wont calibrate past 5%

any ideas fellas?
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

integer Posted at 3-23 10:48
Thank you DJI Stephen! Have a nice day

You are very much welcome integer. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

good job - did you know the circumferance around the moon (our moon) is 10916km? please make a post when you achieve this mile stone. amazing..
2019-3-24
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-24 11:22
good job - did you know the circumferance around the moon (our moon) is 10916km? please make a post when you achieve this mile stone. amazing..

ok Bekaru i will do!
the real achievement will be to reach the distance to the moon
2019-3-24
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Boffin Posted at 3-23 14:50
Great tutorial Integer. This is going to come in very useful one day for my (out of warranty) MP

Thanks Boffin
2019-3-24
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

~STOLEN~ Posted at 3-23 13:44
Hey there, im having a gimbal load error myself.  Drone took a fall from anout 15ft and broke one front landing gear and trashed the props/rotors.  I replaced the props and fired it back up and now get the "gimbal load error"     its kind of doing the same thing as yours but it only slams up and down when i roll the left camera control (wheel on left side of controller)  camera is still clear, and drone still flys perfect but i can not get the camera to re center itself.
i removed it to look for obvious breakage and found nothing, all ribbons are in good shape as well as the gimbal arm. Everything moves freely.   

Hi STOLEN! it is most likely  the ribbon cable will to damaged and maybe it does not look broken.
2019-3-24
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

hey guys
replaced the ribbon cord and it flew one 5 min flight perfectly and the camera movements were back.  Got it out today after work and still get a overload error again.

should i just send it in?
2019-3-25
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

~STOLEN~ Posted at 3-25 14:01
hey guys
replaced the ribbon cord and it flew one 5 min flight perfectly and the camera movements were back.  Got it out today after work and still get a overload error again.

then you must send it for repair
2019-3-26
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

~STOLEN~ Posted at 3-25 14:01
hey guys
replaced the ribbon cord and it flew one 5 min flight perfectly and the camera movements were back.  Got it out today after work and still get a overload error again.

Probably send in.

Like the topic starter, I also replaced the ribbon cable (5 hours seems long for me.. should be able to do it in 2.5 hours). I would want to suggest anyone who is having this problem: Do it yourself if you have lots of time, love to get into frustrations and risk to do it wrong.

The ribbon cable itself is kinda fragile and you need to be careful to disassemble and reassemble the gimbal. The real problem is to be found in the camera transmission cable (the string of multiple cables running to the gimbal). This cable is way too sensitive, I had it clamped between a cover where I couldn't see the cable. and one of the cables just snapped. After buying a new transmission cable everything went well for me since I knew what to watch out for.

So.. It is possible to do it yourself, but think twice.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules