Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Learning To Fly
346 9 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pariano
lvl.1
United States

Hello Where can I Learn To How To Fly My Mavic Pro
Thanks
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day pariano. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out.  I will be posting a link where in it will give you 10 drone safety tips for a safe flight ( https://store.dji.com/guides/10-drone-safety-tips-safe-flight/ ) and an official DJI Tutorial Video regarding Pre-Flight Checklist. I hope this can help you. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

2019-3-23
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Welcome new pilot

Firstly, you are doing the right thing in not taking instantly to the skies, there are lots to learn (I am still learning many months later). The system is very intuitive, but not idiot proof, use the tutorial posted above to help get yourself going then find a big open place and take the time to fly in beginner mode (it's a drag, i know, but you will learn much on how to control and orient yourself so you don't go backing into something unforgiving).

It's not a race, i still second guess myself and stay far away from stuff, but i am getting more confident and learning the skills to fly with competency.

If i could give one piece of important advice, learn to fly first, then film later. That and remember that the drones sensors do not cover all of it.  Oh and remember to make sure that your home point is set and the controller reads GPS.

Apart from that, i'm sure many other, more experienced, flyers will come along and share their wisdom.
2019-3-23
Use props
fansd29d5ab7
lvl.1
United States

Zyras Posted at 3-23 15:09
Welcome new pilot

Firstly, you are doing the right thing in not taking instantly to the skies, there are lots to learn (I am still learning many months later). The system is very intuitive, but not idiot proof, use the tutorial posted above to help get yourself going then find a big open place and take the time to fly in beginner mode (it's a drag, i know, but you will learn much on how to control and orient yourself so you don't go backing into something unforgiving).

Thank you very much
2019-3-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 3614531 ft
  • >>>
United States

First welcome to the forum. My advice is always read the manual and then read it 3 or 4 more times.

Also try the build in flight simulator, it's great way to get familiar with the controls. Your first flight

probably should start off in beginner mode as well. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your advancement.
2019-3-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 11526437 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum. Start with an hour in the sim then a big open field after watching all the tutorials, reading the manuals and doing some research on youtube.
2019-3-23
Use props
Bob Brown
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772907 ft
United States

and also listen to this song while you ponder the lessons...

2019-3-26
Use props
Flycaster
First Officer
United States

AND watch the you tube vids concerning the Mavic.
You can start here with "The Ed Ricker collection"...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ed+ricker+mavic+Pro
2019-3-26
Use props
jhc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 790761 ft
United States

This is going to sound like dumb Dad advice, but take it easy, stay in beginner mode.  Practice taking off straight up, hovering at 6-8 feet for a minute or two and landing. At least one battery worth. Next battery practice moving the aircraft left and right, going out 50-75 ft to each side. Take your time.  Next battery send the aircraft straight out 50-75 ft and bring it straight back, mix it up, out and back followed by left to right.  Work these drills, build skill and confidence and get the 'feel' for what your sticks make the aircraft do.  Go slow, if you're almost bored to tears you're doing it right.  You will crash, hopefully at low speed and altitude during a practice session.  You will pick it up quickly I'm sure.   Good Luck!
2019-3-26
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 1344580 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

As a beginner of in close area`s...
If you land you craft always face the nose of the craft away from you, so left = left and right = right.

Practice, Practise , Practise. Learn to use how to use the attitude/compass indicator in the app.
This can help you to bring the craft back manually when the video freezes!

Many checklists on this forum, just pick one to use.See mine.

lots of fun & many happy landings,
cheers
JJB

MyCanIFlyChecklist_2.2.pdf

304.79 KB, Down times: 2

2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules