Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi All.
In preparing for the new season I am having problem with installing and running the 'DJI Assistant 2 v 2.0.6' I am using a Phantom 4 Pro.
Downloading is ok, I tried the .exe file and the .zip. But when I run it, Using run as administrator or not, it is giving me an eror.
Error comes from USER ACCOUNT CONTROL, My UAC is at minimum. I am the only user on this PC and I have Administrator Rights.

Could you please help.

PS: I might have posted this in the wrong section please advize.

Thanks.
BAT

2019-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The root certificate used to sign the DJI drivers has expired (or been revoked) so Windows will now refuse to run Ass2 unless you disable UAC (instructions came be found in the Mavic Air forum under one of the numerous threads on this matter).

DJI have released a fixed version of Ass2 for the Mavic 2 (v2.0.7), and are due to release same for the Mavic Air hopefully in the coming week. I would hope that the latter will recognise the Phantom too, as it's been a common Ass2 in the past.

While it's true that DJI are slow to the party on this critical matter, at least we know they are actually working on it.
2019-3-23
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-23 14:36
The root certificate used to sign the DJI drivers has expired (or been revoked) so Windows will now refuse to run Ass2 unless you disable UAC (instructions came be found in the Mavic Air forum under one of the numerous threads on this matter).

DJI have released a fixed version of Ass2 for the Mavic 2 (v2.0.7), and are due to release same for the Mavic Air hopefully in the coming week. I would hope that the latter will recognise the Phantom too, as it's been a common Ass2 in the past.

Thanks Punchbuggy.

Could you point me (link) to the Mavic Air Forum section where it is debated? Would these instructions be compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro? The version I am using now is the latest, it was downloaded yesterday from the DJI Site and it is 2.0.6.
My UAC are settings are at minimum as indicated above. Will try to search the Mavic Air Forum to locate the ways to disable UAC in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your help, happy flying.

Bat
2019-3-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

capbat Posted at 3-24 06:02
Thanks Punchbuggy.

Could you point me (link) to the Mavic Air Forum section where it is debated? Would these instructions be compatible with the Phantom 4 Pro? The version I am using now is the latest, it was downloaded yesterday from the DJI Site and it is 2.0.6.

Here's one of a number, but which summarises two possible ways of working around the UAC issue:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
And these instructions are for Windows and working around software installation, so doesn't matter which craft you're connecting.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules