1002 2 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mbennion76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46742 ft
United States

Hi folks,

Im in a frustrating jam and I cant seem to sort out how to get out of it.

I have two i1's.  For the sake of this conversation, one is happy, one is sad.

Happy i1 is up to date, and so is its controller.

Sad i1 is on an uknown firmware.  the controller has been rolled back to 1.5.80 (the furthest i can roll back via the app). Sad i1 is also stuck in travel mode.  LED is blue. When I try to link sad i1 wiht sad i1 RC (press the red button inside the nose of the AC), there are no blinking LED's and the RC never finds the AC.  The lack of LED's blinking makes me wonder...

Happy i1 has blinking LED's in the nose, both when in travel mode and flight mode.  This AC also makes some extra whirs and beeps after intial bootup (less noises and chirps on sad i1).  

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be failing?  Any ideas what I can do to get the AC to landing mode (so i can get the camera to wake up, allow a FW update)?  Any other ideas on how to get the AC to update or link?  

Makin me cra-cra.

Thanks friends,

MB
2019-3-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know,

It might be worth your while to take to the local DJI Dealer for a check.

That is if you are close enough to one........Not sure why the RC got rolled back......at this point the 2 just don't want to talk.  With the bird OFF I think you can turn the Jack Screw to lower the gear and then install the cam.

Download the matching firmware .bin file ( matches the RC FW ) to a freshly cleaned and formatted sd card......then with the RC OFF,  insert the sdcard with the .bin file, and turn on the AC.....sit back and wait.

Randy
2019-3-23
Use props
Mbennion76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46742 ft
United States

Thanks Randy,

I've had some experience wresting with these before and as I recall, when I tried this last time, it didn't work.  I'll wrestle a bit more, but I am afraid it will take a pro's touch.  These are maddening.

MB
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules