858 9 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

The back story...

Gimbal on Mavic Pro went haywire in November after 1 hour of total flight time. I had to pay to get it replaced because it was out of warranty.

Recieved refurbished unit in January and flew it once and had a video freeze error. See this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1719395

The weather went to hell and I finally got a chance to test it out again today.

Same video freezing issue today. I get jello video and then it freezes. It happened 5 times today within a one hour timespan. This is totaly unacceptable.

I am uploading two videos to illustrate the problem.

FIrst one showing lots of jello video starting at 26 seconds and eventually freezing during a lateral rotation toward the end.

Second one showing jello video right before freeze at end. This was during very slow flight.

This is very disappointing and I cannot use this Mavic Pro.

I am on very latest firmware and have calibrated everything.

How do I get it replaced without having to pay for it again?

Regards,
TJ Asher

UPDATE 4-12-2019
After opening a case with DJI and sending it back to them they are going to cover the repair/replacement under warranty.

I bitched about them not doing the right thing so I have to compliment when they are doing the right thing.

Regards,
TJ

2019-3-23
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

Are these clips straight from the drone?
2019-3-23
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Wow! That's real bad.
2019-3-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that
2019-3-24
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Thats horrible - i feel for you.. 1. can you tell me what devise you are using to run the app/fly with?
2. also can you check your gimbal plate to ensure that it is properly positioned because sometimes one front corner jumps up and hooks on the top ledge which can result in a jittery view.
3. and lastly can you say if the gimbal cover is on?
A gimbal cover in itself is not an issue but sometimes when people do that they forget to take out the gimbal lock and that could maybe be part of the problem.
2019-3-24
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

To answer the questions asked so far...

Using DJI Go 4 app on iPhone X to attached to remote controller to control Mavic. All apps and Mavic are up to date.

I re-calibrated the gimbal on flat level ground after I first saw this issue.

Clips are straight from the Mavic. They were creating using the DJI Go 4 app and saved to my phone and uploaded to You Tube.

Gimbal has full free range of movement. Nothing is binding or caught.

Here are two more examples from yesterday.

2019-3-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I got a dud as a replacement

Think you nailed it with title.  
Open a ticket with DJI to have it returned for replacement.
2019-3-24
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

RayZorFist Posted at 3-24 12:35
To answer the questions asked so far...

Using DJI Go 4 app on iPhone X to attached to remote controller to control Mavic. All apps and Mavic are up to date.

all i can think else might be causing the issue is possibly a loose gimbal ribbon.
of course with a new replacement one would expect not to have issues to over come.. i agree.
When i first got my drone it did the same image waving - i crashed shortly after and when i got my drone back they have replaced the camera and my problem was gone
- really hope you over come this issue as soon as possible.
2019-3-24
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE 4-12-2019
After opening a case with DJI and sending it back to them they are going to cover the repair/replacement under warranty.

I bitched about them not doing the right thing so I have to compliment when they are doing the right thing.

Regards,
TJ
2019-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RayZorFist Posted at 4-21 09:52
UPDATE 4-12-2019

Lots of people bitch about them, but 90% of the time they look after customers, pleased you getting a replacement, good luck .
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules