2178 6 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mig39
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5037362 ft
Canada

Hi there,

Are the cables and connectors that come with DJI drones covered by the warranty?  I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, Fly More Package, and DJI Care Refresh +, etc.  

One of my cables has stopped working.  The USB-A to USB-C cable is no longer functional.  I've verified by borrowing the exact cable from a friend, and letting him try mine.  His works in both of our setups, but mine works in neither.  So I beliebe the cable is faulty.

Is it covered by warranty?

Thanks.
2019-3-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I am not sure and I look forward to the answer from DJI
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi mig39, I am sorry for the trouble. May I know when did you purchase the drone? Could you please provide me with your serial number for double checking?
2019-3-24
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Kazakhstan

Go buy one, cheep enough and a lot easier and quicker than trying to do a warranty even if it is covered, tis what I would do anyway
2019-3-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, just buy another. Save yourself the headache of trying to warranty exchange.
2019-3-24
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

I have read that the A-type is quite hard to find but the "regular" micro usb works as long as you insert it properly.  Also, some folks only use the bottom, larger usb to connect to devices and save the side/upper usb for charging.
2019-3-24
Use props
mig39
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5037362 ft
Canada

Thanks all, for the suggestions.  I've sent my serial # to the DJI Thor guy and will see what happens.

It's not the controller cable, BTW, which is a Micro USB Type A.  This is the big long USB-A (normal plug into computer type) and USB-C (to plug into the drone).  Not usually needed, but sometimes is useful for directly connecting for firmware from a laptop, DJI Assistant from a laptop, etc, when there is no internet access.

Looks like this (this is the $13 Amazon version):

I've seen the same cable used to charge some Android phones, connect Nintendo Switch connectors, connect DJI Ronin cameras, connect other DJI accessories, etc.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules