Windows 10 and problems after updating (Assistant2 & controller)
1400 7 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Solution to problems in ASSISTANT2 (and in recognizing the controller) after updating Windows 10

After Windows 10 was updated, there were problems running the third-party publisher application, among which DJI, and Assistant2 did not run.
The problem focuses after windows 10 updating to increased Windows security that blocks programs without publisher signature.
The solution is either to return to the previous state of windows or to proceed to the following setting.
This setting does not pose any risk on the condition that we do not install in our system, apps of dubious origin from unknown publishers that have been downloaded from torrent, stolen apps, or from dark web.
The steps for disabling install prohibition is as follows:
1) right click on the windows icon at the bottom left of the screen bar
2) Click on "Settings"
3) click on "updates and security"
4) click on "restoration"
5) in the "advanced boot" click on "prompt reboot"
6) in the window that opens it informs you that it will restart by selecting commands ... press "ok"
7) Once you restart, you see the numbered command options ...  select the one that reports disabling applications installation prohibition. Choose the number "8" (in my own at least was 8).
Your system now and until the next restart has disabled the installation prohibition.
Uninstall the Assistant2 that is installed on the system and download it again from the DJI page.
(Attention, download the right one for the air)
Go to your downloads, (or where you've set up to store your downloadings) and in the Assistant2.exe icon right click and select "run as administrator"

Assistant2 will be installed normally and will run like a whirlwind.

As about controller not recognisable
When the controller is connected to our pc we notice that windows make the sound of finding a device and after a while the sound of the discarding, so that the proceedure is repeated as long as we connect the controller cable to some input of our pc.
This is because windows are looking for drivers for that particular device that is in third-party software and that they do not find on the other hand, they do not accept

NOTICE: THIS IS CHANGE IN REGISTRY.. DON'T MESS BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SERIUS PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PC.  TAKE SERIUS CARE
Solution:
1) right click on the windows icon at the bottom left of our screen bar
2) Click on "Run"
opens the form waiting to write our command
3) write "regedit"

Registry editor opens..
Chose successively:
-HKEY_LOCAL _MACHINE
-SOFTWARE
-Microsoft
-Windows
-CurrentVersion
-Policies
-System
At the right of the screen we now have a list of system commands.
Find the command "EnableUA"
Double click on it opens the parameter icon titled "DWORD (32 bit), In the box titled "Value data:" change 1 to 0.
Close the registry and restart to apply the new value you set.

As soon as your pc starts, it remains to set the drivers for your controller.

1) right click on the windows icon on the bottom of your screen bar

2) click the Device Manager command

The administration window opens..

3) In "other devices", right click on the device that appears with "CDC ACM" with a yellow triangle meaning that this device is not recognized.

Opens the window where the first command is "driver update"
Click on it and in the window that opens it asks for the route to the driver's automatic search or "search on my computer".
Click on the second option (search on my computer) and by clicking "search" you find the path that is assistant2 installed. We press "next" and the driver for your controller identification will be installed quickly.
You will immediately notice that the sounds of finding and removing the previously unknown device stops.
Your controller is now operational.

If this does not solve the problem, the windows security is again a problem.
You have to repeat the procedure but now you did unlock the system with the difference that now we will not press on the restart 8 that we had pressed before but the 7 on disabling the signature for the devices (the 8 were for the programs).

I hope I have helped. If you find it difficult reply here to help.

2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Monk32. Thank you for sharing these information with us today and your experience as well with regards to this matter. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-3-24
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

And hopefully soon DJI will have the fix for this problem as they know what it is.....
2019-3-24
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-24 08:22
Hello and good day Monk32. Thank you for sharing these information with us today and your experience as well with regards to this matter. Great work and thank you for your valued support.

Good day to you. It's my pleasure
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tomcatuk Posted at 3-24 08:53
And hopefully soon DJI will have the fix for this problem as they know what it is.....

Hello and good day Tomcatuk. I am sorry for the trouble and for the inconvenience. As of the moment our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Monk32 Posted at 3-24 09:33
Good day to you. It's my pleasure

You are very much welcome Monk32. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-25
Use props
djiuser_T3AbnCs1wQne
New

Ukraine

I upgrade my Windows and found that all files were deleted from my desktop
I used and Disk Drill and calmed down when I was able to recover all the data
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_XhG1uvjXbART
New

Canada

I use proxy or VPN and i don't have any problem with get access to any blocked torrent sites like 1337x - vpnalist.com/1337x
2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules