Mimo app displaying lagged image
3178 5 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brainbustah
lvl.2

Czechia

Hi,

I bought Osmo Pocket and the camera works fine by itself, but when I connect it via USB-C to my Sony Xperia XA1, Mimo shows a delayed image of what the camera is capturing. I see in the app the movements I make with the cam with some seconds of delay, and this delay increases with time, making the app unusable.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
2019-3-24
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Data transmission takes time - it's not Formula I racing car.
2019-3-24
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Mine works fine with iPhone SE, guess it is the problem with Sony Xperia XA1? could be the processor of the phone is not fast enough?
2019-3-24
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan is correct.  Additionally, if your setting are for higher quality images/recording the lag will be greater.  It takes time to transmit the camera info from sensor to processor through the cable to the phone then through the phones' processor and convert to an image on the screen.  :-)  By reducing the quality of the image you'll reduce any lag.
2019-3-24
Use props
Brainbustah
lvl.2

Czechia

So any option apart from buying a better phone?
Because lag even when setting it to 1080p 25fps still exists.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. As of the time being, the Sony Xperia XA1 hasn't been tested by our engineers and it's not yet part of our recommended device, therefore, the app may react differently upon using it. I would like to ask if we have a chance to use other mobile device to isolate this matter? It would be better if you could use a recommended device to see if there will be changes about this lag problem. the You may refer to the image below for our recommended devices that you could use for your DJI Mimo and Osmo Pocket. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules