Spark supports Galileo, but why DJI did not enable it?
4180 8 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigTcz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 710410 ft
Czechia

Did you know, that Spark does support Galileo positioning system? DJI is using M8030-KT chip which supports GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and GALILEO, that is the European location system which is very accurate.
I don't understand why DJI did not enable it... Better accuracy means safer flight!
2019-3-24
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

The "Open Service" on Galileo is only accurate to a couple metres, like GPS or Glonass are und good reception conditions. So I don't see much improvement on positional accuracy here. But on the other side, more parallel systems means more redundancy, which is a good thing. Lets hope DJI releases a software update for the Spark regarding this issue.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

More sat-systems need more CPU time, methinks
But I just try to find a logical answer, why the Spark has so many blocked features it is very capable of

2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your interest in our product. We will forward this feedback to our designated department and consider this as a suggestion as well to see what we can do about this situation. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-24
Use props
BigTcz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 710410 ft
Czechia

One man in Czech did some firmware, where it is enabled and it has no effect to battery time. Number of satellites while flying is about 25, standardly i fly with 15...
2019-3-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-24 08:31
Hi, we do appreciate your interest in our product. We will forward this feedback to our designated department and consider this as a suggestion as well to see what we can do about this situation. Thank you for continued support.

Yeah, I've noticed when you are say 20m away from your Home point it will straight land.  This is bad when you are 10m from water.  I kind of want it to go straight up when I'm say 5m away or at least same altitude to a 1-3m radius of the Home Point but it can be understandable when you are "indoors" though you can adjust it to say RTH at current alt.  When I first flew it near water outside and tested Home point I thought the whole green circle was Home and it was scary.
2019-3-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's very important that the Spark system be accurate as possible as "Pocket" drones will be flown in and out of tight places more than bigger ones designed to capture a whole City.
2019-3-25
Use props
djiuser_ZRYtNSaBxuL3
lvl.3

Indonesia

Root your dji, and u can edit what u want
2019-6-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-25 01:51
Yeah, I've noticed when you are say 20m away from your Home point it will straight land.  This is bad when you are 10m from water.  I kind of want it to go straight up when I'm say 5m away or at least same altitude to a 1-3m radius of the Home Point but it can be understandable when you are "indoors" though you can adjust it to say RTH at current alt.  When I first flew it near water outside and tested Home point I thought the whole green circle was Home and it was scary.

Yea. That feature is a little scary. HIT THE PAUSE BUTTON.
2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules