19148 23 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI still didn’t totally fix "Take Knowledge Quiz" problem, and some people still experience the trouble. I found there are two more bugs that need to pay attention.

1.    Yesterday I helped my friend to update the 0400 firmware, I failed for more than 10 time after it installed 98%, then stuck over there. Finally I noticed that the firmware installation needs at least 2Gb free space, so I deleted over 800M cache video and images, deleted all fly–log. I finally updated the firmware within 10min.  As I know that the only way to avoid this situation is saving the cache file to external microSD card. I put a 128Gb microSD, however, when I set up “save cache to SD card” from control interface, it just automatically save once, then all go to the SC again, I need to manual clear then or manual transfering.

2.    Many people experienced even worse situation as I saw from other forums: when they turn on the power of Smart Controller, it frozen on the first DJI log page. There is no way to go though “Setting” to clean the cache file and release the internal space. Please tell me how to deal with this issue.

DJI should add a warning information on new firmware update: The memory of Your Smart Controller is almost full, please delete some cache video or cache file to release more space.

It is not a problem for me, because I usually clean the cache file after two or three flights.

2019-3-24
Use props
mike9887
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220292 ft
United States

I am getting a message on my Smart Controller:  Warning Insufficient storgage space, clear space.    I have tried several things but I am unable to clear anything off.  Any suggestions on what I need to do?
2019-6-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

mike9887 Posted at 6-30 04:55
I am getting a message on my Smart Controller:  Warning Insufficient storgage space, clear space.    I have tried several things but I am unable to clear anything off.  Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Have to looked around the various Folders/Subdirectories and checked out what is stored in each of them?  Are there photos/videos you can move to your computer?  Are you using an sd-card on the SC?   After a backup, you could potentially RESET it back to Factory State?
2019-6-30
Use props
mike9887
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-30 05:41
Have to looked around the various Folders/Subdirectories and checked out what is stored in each of them?  Are there photos/videos you can move to your computer?  Are you using an sd-card on the SC?   After a backup, you could potentially RESET it back to Factory State?

Short answer is yes.  Longer answer is I'm not sure which files I can delete or move.  My folder called 'Other" has the most stuff in it but when I open it I find several other folders some with files and some empty.  A folder in 'Other' has a folder called 'Mob' with file extensions like:  .mcli, mcw, slw, .wkl, and more.  Don't know what I can delete.
2019-6-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

mike9887 Posted at 6-30 06:49
Short answer is yes.  Longer answer is I'm not sure which files I can delete or move.  My folder called 'Other" has the most stuff in it but when I open it I find several other folders some with files and some empty.  A folder in 'Other' has a folder called 'Mob' with file extensions like:  .mcli, mcw, slw, .wkl, and more.  Don't know what I can delete.

Checking mine now...

MOB only has 42 KB  (not much) - and it is standalone in the root (there's another on the sd-card)

I don't have an OTHER at all.

My DJI folder is about 1/3 gig as is my Download folder (apk files I've grabbed to install).

Encrypt is over 2gigs and I don't know what that is.

I was trying to see if I had a program that would show the size of each folder but it only works on DRIVES and the darn SC is "something else" and does not show up.
2019-6-30
Use props
mike9887
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-30 13:49
Checking mine now...

MOB only has 42 KB  (not much) - and it is standalone in the root (there's another on the sd-card)

Thanks, that is a big help.  If you are getting along without the 'other' file then I can probably delete it too.
2019-7-5
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

I have the same problem...
2019-10-28
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We’ve been having some issues with memory too.

It’ kept saying that space needs freeing up, but we could not see what was using it up.

So we decided to do a factory reset, which seems to have sorted it out.

We now have 10GB of free space again.

Just a word of advice, make sure you backup your flight records, otherwise only the version on the DJI servers will be your latest.

We have lost the last 6 months of our flight records.
2020-2-16
Use props
JFcoGIS
New

United States

I had the same problem.  The Other folder had been using up all the space.   Pictures, Videos, and Cache folders all showing 0 gb used.   Of course DJI customer support is zero help, none of them know anything about their products.  Out of curiosity I went into the Pictures and Videos folder after I had deleted the default files in there and sure enough the last two years of cached pictures and videos were in there.  Deleted them all and my Other folder was 3/4 the size it was before.  Software glitches and the worst customer support out there...will never recommend them.  It's a shame because their drones are really great.  
2020-3-31
Use props
Mattbradders
New

United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 2-16 08:11

It’ kept saying that space needs freeing up, but we could not see what was using it up.

How do you do a factory reset?
2020-4-26
Use props
ffoulem
lvl.1
Canada

mike9887 Posted at 2019-6-30 04:55
I am getting a message on my Smart Controller:  Warning Insufficient storgage space, clear space.    I have tried several things but I am unable to clear anything off.  Any suggestions on what I need to do?

I had the same issue and found that there was over 3GB content in a DRAFT folder. Purged that, rebooted and could then perform a system update (which required over 3GB memory for the update process).
2021-2-9
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

same issue here, this is absolutely ridiculous, I have pretty much nothing stored in the controller and have no idea what I can delete in the system folder. Spending so much money on this stuff and even after years DJI can't manage to have a smooth running update process.
2021-10-24
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ffoulem Posted at 2-9 12:43
I had the same issue and found that there was over 3GB content in a DRAFT folder. Purged that, rebooted and could then perform a system update (which required over 3GB memory for the update process).

good tip finally found the DRAFT folder and after deleting and restart it worked.
2021-10-24
Use props
geo2pro
New

New Zealand

alloffroad Posted at 10-24 21:33
same issue here, this is absolutely ridiculous, I have pretty much nothing stored in the controller and have no idea what I can delete in the system folder. Spending so much money on this stuff and even after years DJI can't manage to have a smooth running update process.

I had same problem.
Found that clearing the photo cache did the trick (or could be video cache if you do a lot of video)
2021-11-15
Use props
Moise MAYALI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65502 ft

Senegal

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 2020-2-16 08:11

Hi, that's what I will be do. This alert keep coming up every time
2021-12-24
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

Note that if you are using the DJI Fly app and have set to "Cache When Recording", those cached video files will not show up in the OS by looking at storage space, etc. Instead, they are almost hidden and only accessible via the Fly App and clicking on the Album icon in the lower-left corner of the Fly screen (does not need to be connected to aircraft). In there you will see storage locations and file types that can then be selected and deleted.

I have no idea why these are hidden from the operating system. I expect to see them when looking at Videos or Photos or Storage locations but they are not and only visible in the Fly app.
2021-12-24
Use props
N9ne
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Where can i find the "DRAFTS" folder so i can delete it?
2022-8-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was all in the flight records folder even though I had already cleared those through the app.
2023-3-14
Use props
Berimux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3105896 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 3-14 01:26
Mine was all in the flight records folder even though I had already cleared those through the app.

Reset to Factory - then it works. However, not really professional.......
2023-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Berimux Posted at 5-21 03:03
Reset to Factory - then it works. However, not really professional.......

Probably not a bad thing,   I had a new one fro DJI recently and starting from scratch has really improved the performance.  
2023-5-22
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 00:02
Probably not a bad thing,   I had a new one fro DJI recently and starting from scratch has really improved the performance.

Did you buy a new one DA, or have one repaired?
2023-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-22 02:15
Did you buy a new one DA, or have one repaired?

Mine had a couple of hair line cracks in the case near the screen so DJI replaced it for me free of charge,  they extended the warrenty on them to 2 years which was nice.

2023-5-22
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

You did well there DA!. There are quite a few on sale now on ebay for reasonable prices.
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_WDk7abSWkgKL
New

United States

ff22 Posted at 2019-6-30 13:49
Checking mine now...

MOB only has 42 KB  (not much) - and it is standalone in the root (there's another on the sd-card)

I had the same issue. I went into the DJI folder, backed up the mediacaches folder before I delete them. This cleared up 50% of my storage. Hope this helps.
2023-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules