Stupid Amateur Error
1065 10 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

i should know better - flew a DJI Spark for a coupla months in early 2018 then quickly got buyer’s remorse and bought a Mavic Air in Spring 2018 (the Spark got re-gifted to my brother). Been flying the MA for about 1 year now.

Long story short - flew a mission today and worriedly kept getting very concerning error messages about “strong interference to aircraft - fly with caution.”  Got her home only to discover I had neglected to fold out the 2 antenna arms / landing legs. Gee, I guess they DO make a freakin’ difference after all!! D’oh!!
2019-3-24
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Pre Flight check, that thing that we all miss at times.....
2019-3-25
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dont worry, pre-flight checks help, but -- and don't tell anybody -- I actually did that too my first time with my Mavic Air! Shhh. Lessons learned!
2019-3-25
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I've done this and another time, I forgot to extend the antennas on the remote control.  As long as you pay heed to the warnings that you have a bad connection to the drone, you'll come home and figure out your mistake.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know that you had a problem with your aircraft during a mission flight. I would recommend doing the pre-flight checklist to ensure that the aircraft will be safe during your flight time. May you please always have a safe flight. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-25
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 10:22
Hi, we're sorry to know that you had a problem with your aircraft during a mission flight. I would recommend doing the pre-flight checklist to ensure that the aircraft will be safe during your flight time. May you please always have a safe flight. Thank you for continued support.

Thank you - lesson (well) learned!!
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Spaceman_66 Posted at 3-25 21:30
Thank you - lesson (well) learned!!

Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you!
2019-3-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 3-25 03:43
Pre Flight check, that thing that we all miss at times.....

yes, did happen to me few times as well.

Not to hurry preparing for a flight does help!!
2019-3-26
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Also guilty. My check list now includes checking the RC antennas.
2019-3-26
Use props
cjr888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Or not forgetting the RC and batteries at home...just saying
2019-3-26
Use props
James 0522
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191493 ft
United States

Hey, we've all done some silly things. I am relatively new to quality camera drones and had just taken off with my still new MP Zoom when I realized that I was in such a hurry to fly that I had neglected to mount the joy sticks on my RC. Needless to say I auto landed, and did what everyone else does when screwing up, look around to see if anyone else noticed.   
2019-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules