What to charge
599 2 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Since pricing and fees differ from country to country, and region to region, I'm ideally putting this out to anyone in the South Florida area.
A professional photographer friend asked me if I'd be interested in shooting some aerial pix and/or videos for a few upcoming events he has booked.
Assuming that I pass my Part 107 by then, I need some advise on going rates, both for raw footage and a more professionally finished video and/or stills.
Thanks.
2019-3-25
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I am not in Florida or the US but here are some thoughts. What is your professional photographer charging their clients for taking images? That should be a good starting point. Look at the costs involved like transport, insurance (for car, home and on the job) running costs, FAA costs, your own time in taking the images and in processing them too in  whatever format is wanted. Look at the number of hours and start out with what you might get paid in the average middle paid job in your part of the world.  Look at what the cost would be in the lowest paid job. You are now beginning to get an idea of what to charge, and perhaps wondering if its all worthwhile!
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum member would provide a suggestion in regards to this situation. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules