How to get a permit to fly in Dubai??
2080 10 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tocassido
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello,

Can I register Mavic Air for a holiday flight in Dubai?

I'll buy a UAE phone number, but I don't have their ID.

I read on youtube that somebody did this in this way even though he didn't have a UAE ID and submitted a registration confirmation when checked by the police.
The police told them all right about this confirmation.

Do you have experience?

Thank you

https://eservices.gcaa.gov.ae/Drone/UnmannedAircraftRegistration.aspx
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tocassido. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who have been to Dubai and brought there Drones with them. In addition the best way to know how to pack and bring your drone to Dubai is to contact your local airport authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. I will also post link where in you can check locations in Dubai where in you can fly your drone freely or if that certain location is a no fly zone. Thank you for your support and have a safe and happy flying in Dubai.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-3-26
Use props
Tocassido
lvl.1
Czechia

It will be a recreational non-commercial flight!
2019-3-26
Use props
Tocassido
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 11:33
Hello and good day Tocassido. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who have been to Dubai and brought there Drones with them. In addition the best way to know how to pack and bring your drone to Dubai is to contact your local airport authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. I will also post link where in you can check locations in Dubai where in you can fly your drone freely or if that certain location is a no fly zone. Thank you for your support and have a safe and happy flying in Dubai.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thank you,
I know all about transporting  the drone  and No Fly zone :-)

2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Tocassido Posted at 3-26 12:21
Thank you,
I know all about transporting  the drone  and No Fly zone :-)

You are very much welcome Tocassido. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-26
Use props
Tocassido
lvl.1
Czechia

NO BODY NOTHING???
2019-3-27
Use props
Stefano86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 876667 ft
Italy

I've the seme problem.. Any updates?
In the meantime i've wrote an email to gcaa.
2019-4-4
Use props
Stefano86
lvl.1
Italy

I've contacted the dcaa and here below their answer. I hope that this clarify any doubt...

Greetings,
Kindly register through our website http://www.dcaa.gov.ae/en/Pages/RPASRegistration.aspx?sid=16  as a tourist.
Drone training certificate is a mandatory requirement, if you don’t have one you will need to undergo with skill set assessment once you are here in Dubai, with Exponent http://exponent-ts.com/    . Once skill set is confirm from Exponent, Please upload your communication, skillset booking in your application.

Kindly note that it is not permitted to fly your drone in the Emirate of Dubai without proper documentation and training otherwise you will be fined.
2019-4-15
Use props
BrandonRB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40830 ft
South Africa

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out if anyone has feedback on how it went travelling to Dubai with their drones? I've been in touch with the DCAA and paid for a tourist NOC, but they have advised that I still need to get the training certificate when in Dubai I.e. my drone will still be confiscated when I arrive in Dubai and returned to me once I have completed the training and registration. Does anyone else have experience taking your drone into Dubai and how did you go about it?

Thanks,
Brandon
2019-6-12
Use props
Stefano86
lvl.1
Italy

BrandonRB Posted at 6-12 07:51
Hi all,

I just wanted to find out if anyone has feedback on how it went travelling to Dubai with their drones? I've been in touch with the DCAA and paid for a tourist NOC, but they have advised that I still need to get the training certificate when in Dubai I.e. my drone will still be confiscated when I arrive in Dubai and returned to me once I have completed the training and registration. Does anyone else have experience taking your drone into Dubai and how did you go about it?

Hi Brandon,

I did leave my drone at home, I didn't have a training certificate.
If you have a training certificate from your home country you can upload it..
2019-6-24
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Search the FaceBook page  DJI AeroNetwork... I saw someone got it there..
2019-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules