Tight battery compartment
1298 6 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

I have had my Phantom 3 standard since December of 2016 and it has always been a pain to remove the batteries after flying even on short flights where there seems to be little to no temperature change to the battery. The batteries have been tight from the get go and I for some reason, thought that they may loosen up after use. Didn't happen. The batteries have worked flawlessly, no swelling that can be seen with the eye. Just a extremely tight fit. It can be seen at the seam between the two halves toward the end of each battery where there are rub marks but no sign of the battery itself swelling or touching the outer case of the battery at all. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem as well and what they did to fix it so the batteries would be removed easily. I have a little less than 100 flights (Get lots of rain here in Southeast Alaska) and will have less now that I have my Mavic 2 Zoom. Anyway, I have waited for a long time to address this situation but am hoping for an easy fix here. Being as everything works so good, I really don't think that I need to replace the batteries thinking that it my help the problem but may do it if absolutely necessary. Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.
2019-3-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Better to be a snug fit than too loose any day.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if we have a chance to use other batteries to isolate the problem? Would it be possible if you could send us a sample of this particular scenario wherein the battery compartment seems too tight for a further check? You may use the google drive or dropbox to upload the link. I would recommend checking the battery compartment of the drone as well to check if there's a physical problem. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I agree it is better to be snug than loose. If you are 100% sure your batteries are not swelling up ( you said they have always been like that) you might try lightly sanding on them a bit. Never had this problem and I would be very careful doing this.
2019-3-26
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 3-26 14:24
I agree it is better to be snug than loose. If you are 100% sure your batteries are not swelling up ( you said they have always been like that) you might try lightly sanding on them a bit. Never had this problem and I would be very careful doing this.

Thank you, I thought about that some time ago and will most likely give it a try. There is a good 1/32" between the battery and the outer shell. Thank you for the reminder, hand sanding should be no problem.
2019-3-26
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

The batteries do fit snug.  That's a good thing.  Silly as this sounds, make sure you pull your battery straight out.  Any tilt or upward lift causes a bind and difficult to remove.
2019-3-27
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

The batteries do fit snug.  That's a good thing.  Silly as this sounds, make sure you pull your battery straight out.  Any tilt or upward lift causes a bind and difficult to remove.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules