Ronin-s spiral of death
1219 4 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lowendrumble
lvl.1
Canada

I have the most recent firmware on my Ronin-S (1.8.0.70) and App version 1.1.6(170) on my Galaxy s9+.Mounted and happily balanced was a Canon 6d with Tamron 24-70 lens.

I had just completed an auto-tune from the motor parameter control and a system calibration under the setting panel when I looked over and saw the gimbal spinning around wildly in circles. It almost knocked itself over before I got to it, which would have been a nasty fall off the counter on to the floor.

Anyone else experience this?

2019-3-26
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

I have seen this happen to other users, and I had something similar happen when trying to use the 360 degree mode.
2019-3-26
Use props
fans1924925f
lvl.2
United States

I had the gimbal spaz out in roll mode. Previous firmware.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lowendrumble, the gimbal should still fail to be balanced properly. Please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
Once it is done, please try again. Thanks.
2019-3-28
Use props
68point6
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 00:46
Hi Lowendrumble, the gimbal should still fail to be balanced properly. Please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
Once it is done, please try again. Thanks.

Hey Mindy, thanks for your reply. That's what I meant by happily balanced as per attached screenshot. Or do you mean it wouldn't have started to wobble if it had been perfectly balanced? It was going quite fast and going through all potential directions and eventually worked up a wobble.
Screenshot_20190328-194643.jpg
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules