No Fly Zone (HELP)
1857 6 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tallguysd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

OK So I upgraded my My DJI Mavic Pro to the latest firmware and decided to go out and try and fly in a area I have flown before that is real close to a No FLy ZONE!
And Like Other I was not able to even take off? I followed all the promps on my Controller and agreed to everything that I have to agree to and I still was not able to fly.

So I went home and decided to read and better understand what I had to do to fly my Drone And Here is what I discovered!

Head over to DJI Fly Safe page..

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav

Click on the Unlock A Zone Button.

Then Click On the Self Unlocking tab

Scroll down and find the box that says (Please Select The model to Display Geo Zones*)

Click on your model Type.

(im using the Mavic Pro)

The area Im trying to fly inand that you are not going to  is in Santee CA and has a blue Circle around it as is labled as a NFZ (I cant take off at all here) as it's near a airport flight path
(but wait)

If you Click on the blue Tag over the Airport and Send in your Flight Controller Serial# and agree to the terms of what you are doing you will be sent a SMS message with a unlock code that will let you fly in the Area.

(What I did was turned on my Drone at home the day before I went out to fly and requested a unlock code)
you are sent a SMS code that needs to be confirmed and then you will get a unlock code that is sent to your Transmitter when you are logged into your DJI Account
if you are using a cell phone you can do this right away but if you use a tablet with no service you can do this before you fly from hone using wifi.

The page will walk you through the rest of the setup takes about 5 minutes to do all this. You can also unlock up to 30 Different places at the same time (kinda like a flight report)

I hope this helps..

unlock.jpg
santee.jpg
2019-3-26
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

Video fro my quick flight yesterday..  https://www.facebook.com/tallguysd/videos/10156711851700399/
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi @Tallguysd, thank you for sharing this tutorial on how to unlock the zone. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!
2019-3-26
Use props
fans95e1f529
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1041184 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-26 14:49
Hi @Tallguysd, thank you for sharing this tutorial on how to unlock the zone. Well done and Fly safely. Cheers!

I learned how to do this a while ago. But I think there are many who aren't aware of it! Before I go to a new place I always check with airman and than unlock my drone at home. You can't do it on a cell phone. It only works through a desk top or lap top computer
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans95e1f529 Posted at 4-1 10:27
I learned how to do this a while ago. But I think there are many who aren't aware of it! Before I go to a new place I always check with airman and than unlock my drone at home. You can't do it on a cell phone. It only works through a desk top or lap top computer

Thank you for the additional information you have provided. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-9
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

or... you can just use NLD and never have to unlock your DJI product again! woot! woot!  ~ FEELS GREAT TO BE A GROWN UP!  
I also use B4UFly and AirMap to verify where I fly; as well as check for TFR's and weather patterns prior. I understand wanting to lock down the idiots and "derp-de-derps" but for me the DJI unlock codes and failed flights are a thing of the past.

Good Luck and Fly Safe!
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_5fdr6PLfuWIH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39298 ft
United States

Which is the serial number?????
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now