Ussing the DJI USB Type C 3.5 MM headphone jack on the wireless M...
2417 13 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enjolras9430
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3304 ft
Mexico

Hello!  I was thinking on buying the DJI OSmo Pocket Wireless module Dock, but I was wondering if you can conect the headphone jack into it?
Thankyou
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using the product. With regards to your question. Unfortunately, the 3.5mm audio jack adapter will not be supported when using the wireless module, since the port on the Wireless module only supports the charging when using the Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-26
Use props
Enjolras9430
lvl.1
Mexico

Thank you so much for your quick reply, will there be a way to use an external Bluethoot mic?
2019-3-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Enjolras9430 Posted at 3-26 16:28
Thank you so much for your quick reply, will there be a way to use an external Bluethoot mic?

Looks like there won't be one.
The only thing possible right now is recording it using different audio recording device and then synchronize it later.
2019-3-26
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

There are some posts on this forum where someone has used the USB-C phone adaptor (sticks out the side of  the camera) along with a USB-C female to male cable, connected to an ipad pro, that worked.

I wonder if there's a USB-C female to female cable, one end goes to the USB-c smartphone adaptor on the OP, and plug the audio adaptor into the other end..
Wireless adaptor would still be plugged in the bottom.

Could try it the other way round - audio adaptor in bottom usb-c port
Wireless male usb-c into usbc-female, other end female goes to the smartfone adaptor.

Guess I should look for some usb-c female-female couplers.

edit: found some.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2019-3-26
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

I just noticed you mentioned "headphone jack".

There's only a 3.5mm microphone jack from DJI.
Osmo Pocket does not output audio on in-camera playback, so headphones do not make sense. It is not a headphone jack.

If that's what you meant.
2019-3-26
Use props
Enjolras9430
lvl.1
Mexico

StardustGeass Posted at 3-26 17:41
Looks like there won't be one.
The only thing possible right now is recording it using different audio recording device and then synchronize it later.

yeah, I'm fairly new to video editing and synching makes me a bit nervous because a bad lip synch can ruin the video! Thankyou for the suggestion I guess I'll have to get better at editing then!
2019-3-27
Use props
Enjolras9430
lvl.1
Mexico

lummox Posted at 3-26 20:16
There are some posts on this forum where someone has used the USB-C phone adaptor (sticks out the side of  the camera) along with a USB-C female to male cable, connected to an ipad pro, that worked.

I wonder if there's a USB-C female to female cable, one end goes to the USB-c smartphone adaptor on the OP, and plug the audio adaptor into the other end..

Thnakyou! I'm very happy with DJI and its products but having a Wireless base that doesn't allow connecting the USB C 3.5 MM jack kind of defeats the point of the base
2019-3-27
Use props
Enjolras9430
lvl.1
Mexico

lummox Posted at 3-26 20:24
I just noticed you mentioned "headphone jack".

There's only a 3.5mm microphone jack from DJI.

Yeah!  I meant Microphone jack haha clumsy me!
2019-3-27
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

lummox Posted at 3-26 20:16
There are some posts on this forum where someone has used the USB-C phone adaptor (sticks out the side of  the camera) along with a USB-C female to male cable, connected to an ipad pro, that worked.

I wonder if there's a USB-C female to female cable, one end goes to the USB-c smartphone adaptor on the OP, and plug the audio adaptor into the other end..

The data transmission is EITHER from the phone adapter sticks out from the side of the OP   OR    the lower USB-C port .....

And if the phone adapter still in the OP at working position, no data will be out from the lower USB-C port. Only the audio adapter accepts sound input.
2019-3-27
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

Oh-no Posted at 3-27 11:13
The data transmission is EITHER from the phone adapter sticks out from the side of the OP   OR    the lower USB-C port .....

And if the phone adapter still in the OP at working position, no data will be out from the lower USB-C port. Only the audio adapter accepts sound input.

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad there aren’t 2 fully working USB ports...
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Enjolras9430 Posted at 3-26 16:28

As of the moment, we don't have any option yet. only the 3.5mm audio jack adapter will work. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-27
Use props
djiuser_o3XznhT8Sf0m
lvl.1

United States

Enjolras9430 Posted at 3-27 10:50
Yeah!  I meant Microphone jack haha  clumsy me!

Confusions
2019-6-11
Use props
markantis
lvl.1

Australia

I would certainly recommend checking with an HA tho.
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules