Video transfer problem Mavic Pro 2
1310 4 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IkhFbwKwte7B
lvl.1

United States

I record video to my SD card in the Mavic, when I insert it in the smart controller it plays fine but when I try to import on my iMac it is just black video. Ive tried Resolve, iMovie, and Lightroom and none will show the video. Resolve just doesn't do anything with it.
2019-3-26
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Have you set the MOV video format?
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend checking the video using different computers to isolate the situation. The video format that you've recorded might not be supported by our iMac. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-27
Use props
djiuser_IkhFbwKwte7B
lvl.1

United States

Nothing seems to work, I tried MP4 and MOV. The video does play when I stick the SD card in the smart controller. I did try a second computer.
2019-3-27
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

djiuser_IkhFbwKwte7B Posted at 3-27 13:47
Nothing seems to work, I tried MP4 and MOV. The video does play when I stick the SD card in the smart controller. I did try a second computer.

Out of curiosity, what codec are you using when you record video on the Mavic 2?

I gather that one of the shiny new features on the Mavic 2 is the fact that it supports H.265 codec.  The advantage, from what I hear, is that it's considerably technically superior to the older, more common and widespread H.264 format (which is what the Mavic Pro can do):  more "quality per byte", as it were.

However, the disadvantage is that an awful lot of devices and systems don't support H.265.  Resolve doesn't, for example.  I don't think my TV does, either.  (I've been starting to research this stuff-- am considering getting a Mavic 2 myself, and trying to figure out what my options are.)

I believe the Mavic 2 has the ability to record either in H.264 or H.265.  The former is more compatible with older stuff, the latter is technically "superior".

Anyway, which codec are you recording in now?
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules