Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

By DJI Support

Due to its compact size, powerful performance, ability to shoot up to 4k/60fps video, and various features – ActiveTrack, Panorama, and Timelapse to name a few – Osmo Pocket truly has become the next step for vlogging equipment.

This article provides new users with basic operation tips, helping them to understand their Osmo Pocket better.

Tip 1: Camera Controls

Drag the gimbal slider at the right side of Osmo Pocket’s display to tilt the camera up and down.

gimbal-tilt.gif

For advanced controls, connect Osmo Pocket to the DJI Mimo app. You can also disable Gimbal Easy Control in the app to make super-accurate adjustments.

easy-control.gif

Tip 2: Recenter the Gimbal

Double tap the Power/Function button to recenter the gimbal or tap on the Recenter icon in the Mimo app.

Tip 3: Flashlight Mode

Use Flashlight mode to take advantage of Osmo Pocket’s compact size and shoot in small spaces.

Tip 4: Ensure Sound Quality

You might be wondering about the sound quality of videos that have been recorded with Osmo Pocket. Make sure you are holding Osmo Pocket correctly when recording audio. Please don’t cover these two areas to ensure good sound quality.

sound-recording.gif

Tip 5: Switch between AFC and AFS

Switch between Autofocus Continues (AFC) and Autofocus Single (AFS) depending on whether you’re shooting a scene with or without motion. Either you change the focus mode directly in Osmo Pocket’s settings,

or in the photo settings of the Mimo app.

5.gif

Use AFC for shooting scenes with a lot of motion.
Use AFS for shooting scenes with limited or no motion.

Tip 6: Exposure Adjustments

There are two ways to avoid over or underexposed images.
Like in the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps, you can adjust the exposure settings in the Mimo app manually or automatically.
When choosing Manual, change the ISO, shutter speed, or exposure value until your image doesn’t appear too bright or too dark.

If you choose Automatic, tap on the different areas of your smartphone screen until getting the right exposure. Hold your finger on the area with your desired exposure until a lock icon appears at the lower left corner of the yellow frame.

Tip 7: Change Image Ratio

Different image ratios offer more flexibility to compose your shot, which is why Osmo Pocket supports 16:9, 4:3, and 3:2.
ratio.gif
You can change the image ratio when activating Pro mode or in the Mimo app.

Tip 8: Activate Gridlines

The rule of thirds is the classic guide to find a good composition for your shot. Activate the gridlines in the Mimo app and place the main object(s) of the picture along the lines or at intersection points.

Tip 9: Like Footage in Gallery

In the gallery, you can like images and videos which will be shown in the LIKE section, separated from pictures and video footage you didn’t like. This feature comes in handy, especially during long shooting sessions. Even if you have a huge amount of shots stored, you will find the ones you like in no time.

Tip 10: Charge While You Shoot

If you notice that your Osmo Pocket‘s battery life is low, but you need to continue shooting, connect the device to a power bank. The portable energy source enables you to charge Osmo Pocket and capture photos and videos simultaneously.

Final Tip: Always Be Ready

For all its amazing features and abilities, Osmo Pocket was made to be the camera all your moments deserve, whether they’re planned or totally unexpected. This is exactly why Osmo Pocket was made to fit in the smallest of spaces – so you can keep it anywhere and start recording instantly.
Make sure that whenever you’re headed out the door, check if you have all your essentials: your keys, your phone, and of course, your Osmo Pocket.

The content origins from DJI BUYINGGUIDES

2019-3-26
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

Thanks for the tips Panda, I haven’t purchased one yet but it’s getting close to getting one.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hartyaj Posted at 3-27 01:11
Thanks for the tips Panda, I haven’t purchased one yet but it’s getting close to getting one.

2019-3-27
Use props
Adamkek
lvl.1

Germany

I was recently thinking about buying or not. But after this review, I have already ordered two here on
https://www.aeromotus.com/
. Excellent tips. I very appreciate it!
2019-3-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice tips, thanks for sharing!
2019-3-27
Use props
william.jacon
lvl.1

Pakistan

amazing tips bro. thnx for sharing
2019-3-27
Use props
AngelCaido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417073 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Very thanks DJI Panda
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Adamkek Posted at 3-27 03:19
I was recently thinking about buying or not. But after this review, I have already ordered two here on https://www.aeromotus.com/ . Excellent tips. I very appreciate it!

Thanks, mate!
2019-3-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2019-3-28
Use props
ThermalExposure
New
United States

Excellent post. I just got mine. I'm stoked!
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ThermalExposure Posted at 3-28 16:48
Excellent post. I just got mine. I'm stoked!

Thanks!
2019-3-28
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Great tips. Makes me want one
2019-3-29
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Very nice tips! Thanks for sharing!
2019-3-30
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice addition and summary of the many and varied reviews covering these topics.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

WebParrot Posted at 3-31 05:03
Nice addition and summary of the many and varied reviews covering these topics.

Thanks, WebParrot!
2019-3-31
Use props
ZyanSmith007
lvl.1

India

I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing.
2019-4-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good piece of work
2019-4-23
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing, great information.
2019-7-31
Use props
tumer
lvl.1
Turkey

Brief and easy to follow steps in a clear layout. Thank you for the effort Panda.
2019-11-3
Use props
KTMMike
New
United States

Thanks for the tips, just ordered one.  
2019-12-29
Use props
gschulz
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,
I got my OP recently. You gave a good short explanation!
I have a question: After conecting to my smartphone I can move the camera with the arrow right and left. To the left I can only move a short angle, to the right I can move over 180°. Is this correct?
Greetings from Germany with maybe many mistakes in English.
Günter
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules