Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weekly battery maintance
872 9 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianSC
lvl.4
Spain

Hi All

When it comes to flying my Spak, my weekly routine is often the same. I charge the baterries Friday night to have them ready to fly during the Weekend. After flying they are left with some where between 5% to 20% charged after using them.
Since DJI says that the best storage percentage is 60 or 65%, if I remember correctly, do you think my routine is ok, leaving them 'empty' or should I charge them up to 60-65% after use and leave them like that during the week?

2019-3-27
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Not using them for a week is not storage. Storage would be not using them for weeks, months. Your doing fine.
2019-3-27
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Personally, I would (and do) fully recharge them after use.  Then If I don't get to fly for 10 days they auto discharge down to 60%.
2019-3-27
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-27 06:47
Personally, I would (and do) fully recharge them after use.  Then If I don't get to fly for 10 days they auto discharge down to 60%.

I do the same.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need for storing the battery of your aircraft. We also have a recommendation process for the battery storage, you may check our documentation about Spark Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Please see the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2019-3-27
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

you could charge it sunday after you fly and keep the batteries at 100% throughout the week until ready to fly on the weekend.
2019-3-27
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Lipo batteries can be dangerous sitting around with a full charge . I  normally discharge mine to no less than 20% when flying. I do not charge them until I get ready to fly that same day. I have DJI charger that charges 3 batteries at one time. Bringing the batteries down to 2% “ could” damage the cells in the battery causing the life of the battery to be shortened.
2019-3-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Leaving 'em empty is not good, one number % for longer may harm. I recharge after flying direct to 2 steady / 2 steady, one blinkingAnd fully charge with plan to fly

2019-3-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-27 06:47

Yep, but they are  fully "stressed" for that 10 days.
2019-3-27
Use props
BrianSC
lvl.4
Spain

Ok. Thanks to you all. So, I guess that almost empty is not good and fully charged isn’t either, so I will try to leave them between 20 and 60%.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules