Which USED drone do I get
877 10 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hexbugspider
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So hey everyone, it's been a while since I've purchased a drone for myself and since I've gotten into the photography hobby I decided that I want a drone for myself . I live in the UK so we have to abide by the CAA rules which state that you must not fly above 400ft and no more than 500m away from the controller(you). The options are, used spark fly more combo, used phantom 3 standard and used mavic pro. I'd be using the drone for activities such as recording me sailing my dinghy and just general shenanigans. Currently leaning towards the spark but some people say it's naughty above water!

If anyone could give some advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Nick.
2019-3-27
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Considering the height and distance you're looking to travel, I'd maybe seek something with a little more battery life than the spark.
The Spark is a great drone and a lot of fun, but the Air gives just a little more battery and distance than the Spark.
The Mavic Pro will give you a few more minutes and distance, and the Phantom will give you yet a little more of each.
Which one suits your travel needs?
For me, I like the portability of the Air. The little hard case is cool to keep in your briefcase or throw in your backpack.
I use my Air with my phone for some quick shots.
2019-3-27
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the choices you'd laid out, I'd choose the MP and forget the others. Excellent craft above the others.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hopefully, you could get the best recommendation that you may need in which drone you'll be using. For further information, you may use our drone comparison as well, for you to determine which drone would suit your preferred activities. Thank you for continued support.
https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones
2019-3-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with SD Pilot, The MP is your best option. Although they are all awesome, in their own way.

The MP is unmatched with these options. I have never own the spark because it uses Wifi.

The P3 is an awesome bird, big and bulky and loud.
2019-3-27
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Ask the seller why they are selling it and ask for a demo flight. Then check the number of battery cycles (in the app).

SD_Pilot and Woe are correct, a Mavic Pro in good condition is the best option of the three that you have been offered
2019-3-27
Use props
hexbugspider
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ahh, I should've excluded the Mavic pro purely down to price. They are about £600 used. The Phantom 3 is between 200-300 and the spark is between 300-400.  So the real question should be spark vs P3.
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

at first i thought mavic pro for sure - but then i thought if you are going to be filming yourself sailing a dingy then you should probably get the cheapest one
2019-3-28
Use props
hexbugspider
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So the phantom 3 standard?
2019-3-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

hexbugspider Posted at 3-28 10:52
Ahh, I should've excluded the Mavic pro purely down to price. They are about £600 used. The Phantom 3 is between 200-300 and the spark is between 300-400.  So the real question should be spark vs P3.

Then maybe the spark, but if you want 4k/2.7k then the p3
For portability the spark
For images and video quality the p3  
2019-3-28
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

hexbugspider Posted at 3-28 10:52

As a photographer, go the P3. The video quality is much better.
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules