Need BIN File for XT-2 Firmware
5055 30 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

We have a M210RTK V1 unit with a Z30 and XT-2. One tech here updated the XT-2 to the latest firmware, which I assume, was only for V2 aircraft but not explained very well.

Using teh enw firmware, DJI PIlot no longer reconiizes the XT-2.

Using Gimbal 1, etc. Only difference between working and failure was the fimrware upgrade,

Thanks for your quick reply.

2019-3-27
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Need Last XT-2 BIN file prior to recent update

We have a M210RTK V1 unit with a Z30 and XT-2. One tech here updated the XT-2 to the latest firmware, which I assume, was only for V2 aircraft but not explained very well.

Using Gimbal 1, etc. Only difference between working and failure was the fimrware upgrade,

Thanks for your quick reply.

2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi EFRPIC, sorry to hear that, we will verify with our engineers to see if the old firmware of XT2 can be provided, please wait a moment, thanks.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi EFRPIC, we would like to verify your current version of DJI Pilot and the firmware of your aircraft, XT2 can be updated on M200 V1, please try again and let us know if it works this time, thank you.
2019-4-1
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

DJI USA has told me that the firmware process did not complete and it cannot be downgraded or run again. The XT-2 has to be returned to DJI service in California to have the firmware reset on the unit. Apparently a $12K (US) camera does not have the ability to maintain default firmware that can be loaded if an update fails. This is a minor cost to include in the product. Most high end cameras and computer systems have this so it's not difficult to do.

Instead, I have to wait 3+ weeks for the camera to be reset.
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EFRPIC Posted at 4-1 10:40
DJI USA has told me that the firmware process did not complete and it cannot be downgraded or run again. The XT-2 has to be returned to DJI service in California to have the firmware reset on the unit. Apparently a $12K (US) camera does not have the ability to maintain default firmware that can be loaded if an update fails. This is a minor cost to include in the product. Most high end cameras and computer systems have this so it's not difficult to do.

Instead, I have to wait 3+ weeks for the camera to be reset.

Hi EFRPIC, before you send back the drone and the camera, please check my PM, thanks.
2019-4-2
Use props
LunarEvent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557530 ft
United States

Hello,

We also have a dead XT2 after latest firmware update. We use ours on an M600 Pro. No signal in any app on any device. M600 is updated. Please send me the PM that you sent EFRPIC.
2019-4-4
Use props
LunarEvent
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 22:45
Hi EFRPIC, before you send back the drone and the camera, please check my PM, thanks.

Sorry, should have replied to this comment.

Hello,

We also have a dead XT2 after latest firmware update. We use ours on an M600 Pro. No signal in any app on any device. M600 is updated. Please send me the PM that you sent EFRPIC.
2019-4-4
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

DJI Mindy,

I was only instructed to send in the XT-2 camera not the aircraft. FYI.
2019-4-5
Use props
colletonfire.fm
lvl.1

United States

Is there a solution to this problem?  I am having the same issues.  Updated firmware on XT2, now I receive an image maybe once every 10-15 power cycles.
2019-4-8
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I was told to send the camera in as the solutions offered to downgrade the firmware did not work. It appears that the beeps that the camera makes during the firmware upgrade are difficult to decipher. It upgrades the gimbal and then the camera. The beeps sound similar and after 20 minutes, it appeared (and sounded) like it was done. Apparently it wasn't which causes the failure I have.

I was never able to get video back but you mention you did. That's new news.
2019-4-8
Use props
LunarEvent
lvl.2
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 4-8 11:10
I was told to send the camera in as the solutions offered to downgrade the firmware did not work. It appears that the beeps that the camera makes during the firmware upgrade are difficult to decipher. It upgrades the gimbal and then the camera. The beeps sound similar and after 20 minutes, it appeared (and sounded) like it was done. Apparently it wasn't which causes the failure I have.

I was never able to get video back but you mention you did. That's new news.

I just sent mine today. Have you heard anything about yours?
2019-4-16
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I have been told it is a FLIR. No word on return yet.
2019-4-16
Use props
Tazdevil3000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 43074 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Got 2 customer bricked camera here in Quebec... for the same reason... what to do please Dji

thxs
2019-4-23
Use props
Solarsys
New

Ukraine

EFRPIC Posted at 3-27 16:32

How did you solve your problem?
2019-5-8
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Unit went back to DJI/FLIR for repair and gimbal update. Works now as it should on V1.3 of Pilot app.
2019-5-8
Use props
BoPRC Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 548255 ft
New Zealand

Any news on these issues? Think we may have done the same.
2019-6-5
Use props
fansc6c9c358
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295266 ft
United States

Any news on this/ideas to try? I have the same issue.
2019-7-12
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Likely needs to go to DJI for service as ours did
2019-7-12
Use props
fansc6c9c358
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, that is most likely what we'll have to do. The problem is we have an urgent job for a customer we're supposed to be out flying right now. So my 2 month old $13k camera has to get mailed back, costing us at least 2 weeks of work, because DJI couldn't be bothered to install a supremely basic concept called "Factory reset/factory default" like any normal, modern company. That's unacceptable, and I've now received quotes from two manufacturers of multirotors using Pixhawk FCs, with various radio options (I'm familiar with Silvus Technologies MIMO radios, will likely go with them for video and telemetry).
2019-7-13
Use props
fansc6c9c358
lvl.2
United States

EDIT: It still had the update .bin file on the SD card. Once I deleted that, it worked like it should. So clearly they don't test their "repair", they just send it back after doing whatever. Simply disgusting.

Original message left below so others can see how things are with DJI:

So I shipped my XT2 to DJI, and after 4 weeks I got it back (received it yesterday).

Today I powered it up and it  immediately began beeping like it was trying to do a firmware update. And I get no video. I've let it sit until it makes one long, continuous beep (no stopping, just one long beeeeep), powered cycled it, and it begins beeping again. I've let it sit while beeping for over 20 minutes. No video, no picture, no gimbal control.

Why would DJI return a broken gimbal? A gimbal not really broken, just bad firmware, that I downloaded from their website. Do they do any checks to verify that their repair is actually working before sending it back? Apparently not.

So we had to rent a XT2 for the last 3 weeks (A friend flew for us the first week), at a cost to us of $3210.00

Is DJI going to reimburse us that? And are they going to pay for the next 4 weeks of XT2 rental while they "fix" it again? We have a customer with a critical job that needs to be flown every week. So as our "fixed" gimbal is still broken, we'll have to continue renting the XT2 at a cost of $1000.00 a week.

This is completely unacceptable, and is the perfect definition of horrible customer service.

DJI how are you going to resolve this? Contact me immediately with your solution.
2019-8-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you're back up and running?
Can't say I'm surprised at the way DJI failed here, but disappointed as usual. Hope you got it sorted now.
2019-8-8
Use props
RPAS-VAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46184 ft

Canada

I’m assuming the only fix based on all the comments is to send the camera back to DJI? I’ve had a back and forth with customer service doing everything once already before with no result. Even a question which they never explained. “Is the lights near the SD card blinking red?” What does that mean? My lense is blinking red on one side and solid green on the other.
4A8AE7FF-A28C-4BC9-A575-E174366058E0.jpeg
2019-12-22
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I have never noticed lights next to the SD cards. Frankly, once I put a card(s) in, I close the rubber door and never looked. It was never mentioned during my discussions/research with DJI and various Entrerprise dealers.

The XT-2 (unless something has changed recently) will only be serviced if returned via an Enterprise Dealer. You can't just fill out the online form.

That said, I'm assuming you tried different SD cards and to re-flash the current firmware after loading it on the correct card (see manual)?

I also assume that it did work at one time and you are using Gimbal #1 if you have a dual set-up?
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_FnuHnB4r4C8T
lvl.2
Brazil

Do someone have news about this case?
My XT2 looks to have the same problem. It was working with Pilot when, appeared a message at screen to update a firmware. It was cancelled. After, the camera stoped to show images and data at the screen.
Only the gimbal is working.
DJI have some sugestion to solve this problem?
2020-5-19
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

The XT2 will only update if you put an SD card with the new .BIN file in the actual camera unit. It does not update via Pilot firmware, so that should not be your issue. So now it depends on compatibility between the firmware in the XT-2 and your controller. You may have to update the XT-2 and gimbal per instructions on the DJI website.
Make sure that you listen to the beeping closely. If you stop the update and it is not finished, it will "brick" the camera and it will need to be sent in.
2020-5-19
Use props
alximikDJI
lvl.1

Armenia

Please send me old firmware for XT2.
2020-10-27
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

It's not available. Sorry
2020-11-2
Use props
fansc4d7b3f8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1363599 ft
United States

LunarEvent Posted at 2019-4-4 07:35
Sorry, should have replied to this comment.

Hello,

I know this was long ago but, did you find a way to force download xt2 firmware on your matrice 600?
1-10 14:56
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I had a M210 not a M600. The firmware was for the XT2 camera. And no the factory had to deal with it being bricked.
1-11 19:41
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

I solve the XT2 issues as well as firmware troubles after updating an XT or an Z30. In case of the XT2 the issue is often that the firmware versions of the two cameras of the payload are not compatible. Only one got updated, for instance because it was done with the payload on an M200v1 which uses only one cam.
Most of the time you do not need to send the payload to us. You allow remote control of your computer, we do a zoom session on your phone at the same time, and I do the firmware repair.
If you are interested, let me know.
1-15 13:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules