Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trojan in Flight simulator and Assistant
473 12 3-28 05:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Downloaded upgrade 2.2.0.0 of DJI Flight Simulator in the program when it told me there was an upgrade from version 2.1.0.3 that I had. After download I get an Error message and Windows Defender tells me hat I have got an Virus: Trojan:Win32/pevdo.B
It is now not possible to update DJI Flight Simulator. I only get an error warning.

So then try to open DJI Assistant, but i am told by a warning that this app is blocked for use. Probably by Windows Defender.

So no neither DJI Assistant or DJI Flight Simulator works anymore.

What to do?..and is it a virus/Trojan or not?
error.png
3-28 05:35
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Trojan in Flight simulator and Assistant

Downloaded upgrade 2.2.0.0 of DJI Flight Simulator in the program when it told me there was an upgrade from version 2.1.0.3 that I had. After download I get an Error message and Windows Defender tells me hat I have got an Virus: Trojan:Win32/pevdo.B
It is now not possible to update DJI Flight Simulator. I only get an error warning.

So then try to open DJI Assistant, but i am told by a warning that this app is blocked for use. Probably by Windows Defender.

So no neither DJI Assistant or DJI Flight Simulator works anymore.

What to do?..and is it a virus/Trojan or not?
error.png
3-28 05:39
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Looks that I got DJI Assistant back by downloding DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 from DJI website. Thats good...
3-28 06:14
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Looks that I got DJI Assistant back by downloding DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 from DJI website. Thats good...
3-28 06:15
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

The problem looks to be in the DJI Flight Simulator files: tried to dowload DJI Flight Simulator 2019-03-14 from DJI website and got the same warning aboout Trojan.
3-28 06:21
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

The problem looks to be in the DJI Flight Simulator files: tried to dowload DJI Flight Simulator 2019-03-14 from DJI website and got the same warning aboout Trojan.
3-28 06:22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that nothing for you to worry about since The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. As long as the Software is from our website nothing for you to worry about. Best regards!
3-28 08:35
Use props
IPGP
lvl.2

France

I just downloaded latest DJI Flight simulator. After installation Windows found a Trojan WIN32/Occamy.C
What can I do ? Can you check your software ? trojan.jpg
4-11 05:40
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10801 ft

United States

I am having the same problem with this software.
4-15 16:10
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2

United States

There is a pattern developing from your software releases DJI
https://www.virustotal.com/#/fil ... 5f3844fe1/detection
4-15 19:20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DieselSLC Posted at 4-15 19:20
There is a pattern developing from your software releases DJI
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/73d3b07fb3a193ff1d1452be9fb40720863e669c9db30c383a6895e5f3844fe1/detection

Not saying to ignore Virus warnings, but possibility of False Positives.  Believe the results need to be verified by experts, for two reasons:
1) Only 6 out of 63 indicated a Virus.
2) All 6 indicated a different Virus.  Should have been some commonality.

Given a False Positive is bad, does that make a True Negative good?  
4-15 19:55
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-15 19:55
Not saying to ignore Virus warnings, but possibility of False Positives.  Believe the results need to be verified by experts, for two reasons:
1) Only 6 out of 63 indicated a Virus.
2) All 6 indicated a different Virus.  Should have been some commonality.

Thanks for the reply. You make some great points. I am no expert, and have no idea how to determine if its false. To me its un-nerving that every one of the last three version releases of this software sound all kinds of Trojan/Virus warnings. If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.  
4-17 19:30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DieselSLC Posted at 4-17 19:30
Thanks for the reply. You make some great points. I am no expert, and have no idea how to determine if its false. To me its un-nerving that every one of the last three version releases of this software sound all kinds of Trojan/Virus warnings. If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.

If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.  

(Worth emphasis and repeating.)
4-17 20:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules