5331 15 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec448cec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello. Since the update to iOS 12.2 my DJI Copilot is not recognized by my iPad Pro 12.9 2018. I’ ve tried to switch the cable to make it work with my iPhone XS Max and it works (but I need it on the iPad). When I switch the cable back to USB-C for the iPad it’ s still not working. Am I the only one with this issue? Anyone with and iPad Pro 2018 with iOS 12.2 that have the copilot working? Any suggestion (I’ ve tried to manually reset etc)
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm if it is LaCie DJI Copilot BOSS? If so, it is suggested contacting the seller or LaCie support, thank you for your understanding.
2019-3-29
Use props
Speedjfreak
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

Yes, it is: Lacie DJI Copilot BOSS.
2019-3-29
Use props
Speedjfreak
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

I’ ve just been in an Apple store: they changed me both the iPad and the DJI copilot, and we even tried the DJI copilot with another iPad Pro 2018 with USB-C: it seems not to work. A software/firmware update seems required
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Speedjfreak Posted at 3-30 06:19
I’ ve just been in an Apple store: they changed me both the iPad and the DJI copilot, and we even tried the DJI copilot with another iPad Pro 2018 with USB-C: it seems not to work. A software/firmware update seems required

Thanks for the clarification. It is recommended to click here for better assistance.
2019-4-1
Use props
m.hertenberger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Same issue here - have updated the firmware from an iPhone using Lightning, deleted and reinstalled the application and also reset the hard drive using the reset button at the back. Does not work with USB-C on the iPad.

Sent a support message to Lacie (Seagate) and, after the usual initial canned response telling me to update the firmware, received this:

Thank you for getting back to us with that information. My name is Valeria. I am very sorry that the steps provided to you in the last email did not work. I would like to assure you that we will continue to troubleshoot your issue and do our best to find a resolution that works for you.

As I understand, you are still now able to make your device be detected by your New Ipad Pro USB-C. I definitely know that could be frustrating. I can understand how you feel.

Let me tell to you, Manfred. We had received a lot of customers with your exact issue. The firmware should fix the issues, however, our developers noticed that the problem continues. For this reason, they are still working on a solution.

I am really sorry for the inconveniences that this might have caused to you. Trust me that we'll find a solution to this situation as soon as possible.

So, we’re not alone and a new firmware fix should be provided in due course. Patience is a virtue...writing and testing software is hit-and-miss...
2019-4-2
Use props
m.hertenberger
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Same issue here - have updated the firmware from an iPhone using Lightning, deleted and reinstalled the application and also reset the hard drive using the reset button at the back. Does not work with USB-C on the iPad.

Sent a support message to Lacie (Seagate) and, after the usual initial canned response telling me to update the firmware, received this:

Thank you for getting back to us with that information. My name is Valeria. I am very sorry that the steps provided to you in the last email did not work. I would like to assure you that we will continue to troubleshoot your issue and do our best to find a resolution that works for you.

As I understand, you are still now able to make your device be detected by your New Ipad Pro USB-C. I definitely know that could be frustrating. I can understand how you feel.

Let me tell to you, Manfred. We had received a lot of customers with your exact issue. The firmware should fix the issues, however, our developers noticed that the problem continues. For this reason, they are still working on a solution.

I am really sorry for the inconveniences that this might have caused to you. Trust me that we'll find a solution to this situation as soon as possible.

So, we’re not alone and a new firmware fix should be provided in due course. Patience is a virtue...writing and testing software is hit-and-miss...
2019-4-2
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Same issue here
2019-4-3
Use props
fans0753a2cd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1343845 ft
  • >>>

same issue here - not sure how to conttact Lacie support.
2019-4-3
Use props
m.hertenberger
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

The Lacie website has an online form to submit a support ticket: https://support2.lacie.com.

Else, their email address is discsupport@lacie.com, though I'm not sure whether they'll accept requests sent directly there.

Firmware update is in the works. Just depends on when it'll be available.
2019-4-3
Use props
William Lam
New

United States

I just received my DJI Copilot today. Was getting frustrated that I couldn’t get it to work. Now I know why. What happens when Apple rolls out another iOS update. Will this happen again?
2019-4-3
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

m.hertenberger Posted at 4-3 18:25
The Lacie website has an online form to submit a support ticket: https://support2.lacie.com.

Else, their email address is , though I'm not sure whether they'll accept requests sent directly there.

Got the same reply ...
2019-4-9
Use props
m.hertenberger
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Update of Copilot BOSS app has just landed on the Apple App Store.
I've updated my device and it's working without issue on the new iPad Pro with USB-C!
2019-4-15
Use props
FPS_Flight
lvl.1

Canada

Have had the Boss for less than a year.
Got to use it on one shoot with my iPadPro 11” (USC-C plug)
Worked amazingly well!

Then Covid-19 happened.
Recently was cleared for another shoot after a 6 month hiatus.

Charged and packed the device, took it on the road.
I was up in a small town with full chips and so I powered up the device
and it asked me to Set the Clock.
How do I do that? Well, connect to my device, I assumed.
So I did that…but it would not connect.
The app never gets beyond the splash screen.
I followed all the tips about short and long click.
After a while it asked me to connect to a different device to update the firmware.
I didn’t have the Usb-Micro to Lightning cable.
But I found a store that miraculously had an adapter.
I connected the BOSS to my iPhone.
But, again, the app never gets beyond the splash screen.
I tried resetting the device with a paperclip.
But nothing.
This was a HUGE disappointment as I found myself having to shoot very lean over the next while as I could not get any more chips where I was.

What do i do with this useless box?
How can I get it to talk to my iPad like is used to?

><({(º>
2020-7-4
Use props
FPS_Flight
lvl.1

Canada

FPS_Flight Posted at 7-4 21:25
Have had the Boss for less than a year.
Got to use it on one shoot with my iPadPro 11” (USC-C plug)
Worked amazingly well!

For anyone else who had trouble, I found my fix. Brace yourself...it is awkward. While it would not work with my iPhone at all, I found a friend who had an Android. He downloaded the software onto his phone, I attached the device to his Android and it updated the firmware which then allowed me to talk to my iPhone.  Have fun.
2020-11-4
Use props
mylifeinafrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Im not sure if all this has been resolved, but I found the cure for these issues on my iPad Pro (2019). I had huge frustrations, as listed on this thread too.
I hope it helps someone.

1. Make sure your iPad Pro is not connected to mains / charging.
2. Close all apps.
3. Switch off the iPad.
4. Switch on again
5. Plug in the CoPilot
6. Hit the push button once.7. Do not launch the app yourself, allow time for it to auto actuate. This can take over 30 sec at times, but it does.

Presto.

The big issue was trying to link at the same time as the mains / charger connected. When I follow the above protocol its all go. Every time.
Good luck.
2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules