32718 25 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

Hi DJI support,

I launched my Spark this afternoon from backyard, and let it record me working on the roof.
I intended to let it fly till the last juice of the battery, so it would land on the original spot in the backyard (which it did).

After I got down to the ground, I picked up the Spark.  It's already powered off.  I then turned off the remote control and closed the DJI GO 4 app.

Now I have a 2.5GB mp4 file that I can't open it (I've tried a few programs, to no avail). There are 2 other much smaller files on the card.
Say mp4 is DJI_xxxx.MP4, the 2 other files are:
.DJI_xxxx.MP4.avc1
.DJI_xxxx.MP4.trinf

I thought when the Spark landed and powered off, DJI GO 4 would also turn off recording.

Is it possible to repair and restore the .mp4 file?

Thanks!

2019-3-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

For a start, you can try it with another battery load, restart the bird, do another short video clip and hope that the older one gets closed, too.
There was a tip online, which is now "404", but you may find videos, helping you further.
like this:
2019-3-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Edit:

Try this

https://www.videohelp.com/software/Fix-DJI
2019-3-28
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Exactly this one saved some of my footage. Would be interesting to see if it works for others too.
2019-3-30
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Some say Youtube will fix it..
Upload, set to "Private", download to your computer and check quality/clip.
2019-3-30
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I did this once too. Just put in a fresh battery (leave the SD card in the aircraft, Turn on the aircraft and let it sit for a minute. For me it then finished writing the file.

Sidd
2019-3-30
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 3-30 05:19
I did this once too. Just put in a fresh battery (leave the SD card in the aircraft, Turn on the aircraft and let it sit for a minute. For me it then finished writing the file.

Sidd

I just tried this trick and it worked!

Thanks guys!!
2019-3-30
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 3-30 05:19
I did this once too. Just put in a fresh battery (leave the SD card in the aircraft, Turn on the aircraft and let it sit for a minute. For me it then finished writing the file.

Sidd

I just tried this trick and it worked!

Thanks guys!!
2019-3-30
Use props
Sidd Finch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Cool, Glad you were able to save your file..

Sidd
2019-4-1
Use props
Climbnride58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

For recovering a file, try Pixillion.
Btw, just because the Spark is turned off, the app is not turned off.
2019-4-2
Use props
kafej
New

Poland

You can try to fix already corrupted with mp4merge.com
2019-12-23
Use props
dak1
lvl.1

Israel

Sidd Finch Posted at 2019-3-30 05:19
I did this once too. Just put in a fresh battery (leave the SD card in the aircraft, Turn on the aircraft and let it sit for a minute. For me it then finished writing the file.

Sidd

great tip. worked for me also.
it probably happend since battery was low and i turned off the drone before it had the chance to "close" the file.
2020-2-22
Use props
Dakar Enduro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Cabo Verde

I have run into this with my M2Zoom.  Mistakenly turning off the battery before stopping the video recording.  Turned Mavic back on for a minute then it finished the recording and the file was fixed.
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_QlFI9fZezYfJ
lvl.1

Singapore

Maybe Bitwar Data Recovery can be helpful to recover corrupted .mp4 files.
2020-2-23
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, I found some good ways to repair corrupt DJI video files.

Source: https://dronephotographybible.co ... pt-dji-video-files/

I hope this information would help you!

Thanks!
2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Hey…Nothing is impossible. Well, repairing MP4 containers can be difficult, but I think you must try VLC Media Player to repair MP4 video files easily. It has a video repairing feature which will allow you to fix broken video files without any trouble. But remember one thing that it can resolve a minor video file corruption issue but unable to fix major issues in the video files. Once just try this method to resolve your MP4 corruption problem. Good Luck…

For More Info: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.co ... ted-mp4-video-files
2020-4-20
Use props
sylviawatson
lvl.1

China

My friend recommends me to use VLC Media Player to fix broken mp4 files. But I tried and failed. And I have no idea what to do next. I complain to my colleague and then he suggests I use some professional video repair tools and he recommends one tool he used a lot to me, called TunesKit Video Repair. Finally, it fixes my corrupt videos!
2020-9-26
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Had a similar problem, none of the suggestions helped. But found the solution, if anyone has unplayable mp4 file check this out: https://github.com/ponchio/untrunc or the GUI version https://www.videohelp.com/software/MP4-Repair-untrunc-GUI
Cheers!
2020-12-31
Use props
Yargnits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167070 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2019-3-28 18:50
For a start, you can try it with another battery load, restart the bird, do another short video clip and hope that the older one gets closed, too.
There was a tip online, which is now "404", but you may find videos, helping you further.
like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpiH_BhiKkU

Thanks for this tip. I mistakenly shut my Mini off without stopping the recording and had a corrupted file. I didn't know it until I copied it over to my laptop and tried playing it. put the card back in the drone, powered everything back up, made a short video of my desk and all is good now. Thanks again.
2021-1-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Yargnits Posted at 1-27 08:02
Thanks for this tip. I mistakenly shut my Mini off without stopping the recording and had a corrupted file. I didn't know it until I copied it over to my laptop and tried playing it. put the card back in the drone, powered everything back up, made a short video of my desk and all is good now. Thanks again.

Glad it helped!
2021-1-28
Use props
JO.P
New

France

Hello, you can connect your phone on the drone (with the sd card inside) and download the video on your phone. After, the transfert from your phone to your computer is classic !
2021-4-28
Use props
Beaver7959
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302913 ft
United Kingdom

Sidd

Star man Sidd, worked for me also. I had the usb cable come out during flight and couldn’t interact with the app. Was a flight I couldn’t repeat, so you saved the day buddy, many thanks.
2021-5-6
Use props
glamosaurus
lvl.1

United States

Sidd

This totally worked for me too! What a lifesaver! Thanks!!
2021-8-26
Use props
ahmadalli
lvl.1

Germany

Sidd

Thanks!This fixed my broken recoeding too

2021-11-20
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2019-3-28 18:50
For a start, you can try it with another battery load, restart the bird, do another short video clip and hope that the older one gets closed, too.
There was a tip online, which is now "404", but you may find videos, helping you further.
like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpiH_BhiKkU

This worked for me on a Timelapse video that didn't complete...thanks!!!
2022-3-17
Use props
fansa8e453d5
New

India

For fixing damaged .mp4 video files, I recommend using the Kernel Video Repair tool. This tool is designed to efficiently repair corrupt .mp4 files, ensuring a reliable and effective solution for video file restoration. For more information, check out: nucleustechnologies.com/video-repair/
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules