Smart Controller crashes when trying to update the latest firmware
1218 9 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alastair Kirk
lvl.1
New Zealand

After purchasing a new Smart Controller I turned it on, logged on to my account and activated it. I was then advised by a popup that I should undertake a firmware update from version V01.00.0375 to V0100.0400. I then proceeded to do this, the firmware packet was downloaded successfully and an update began or so I thought, after 30 minutes the update was still showing 0% complete, I then tried several different ways of exiting the upgrade without success. I Finally managed by turning the device off, I tried again several times and after 3 hours or more I gave up. I then thought I would try DJI Assistant, so I downloaded the very latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. After installing the program I attempted to connect the controller to my laptop, but the program would not recognise the controller, after about an hour of trying, success!! I had an Icon to click on, which I did. I then selected the latest version to down load which began, after reaching 100% the update began but failed almost immediately and displayed update failed, I looked at the error log and it revealed that the upload had failed. After spending thousands of dollars on your products I am once again suffering frustration after trying to undertake upgrades and the like.
2019-3-28
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Keep trying. Yes I know, igave up as well after numerous attempts. I switched it on last night and it completed the update in short time. I then updated the drone firmware with no issues at all.
2019-4-6
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Keep trying. Yes I know, igave up as well after numerous attempts. I switched it on last night and it completed the update in short time. I then updated the drone firmware with no issues at all.I note that whilst the drone update progress was monitored on a scale no such visual is given when updating the firmware on the SC. Maybe the SC was updating all along but the rate of progress was not shown.
2019-4-6
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Keep trying. Yes I know, igave up as well after numerous attempts. I switched it on last night and it completed the update in short time. I then updated the drone firmware with no issues at all.I note that whilst the drone update progress was monitored on a scale no such visual is given when updating the firmware on the SC. Maybe the SC was updating all along but the rate of progress was not shown.
2019-4-6
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Keep trying. Yes I know, I gave  up as well after numerous attempts but I switched it on last night and it completed the update in short time. I then updated the drone firmware with no issues at all. I note that whilst the drone update progress was monitored on a scale no such visual is given when updating the firmware on the SC. Maybe the SC was updating all along but the rate of progress was not shown. Give us a progress scale and frustration goes away.
2019-4-6
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Maybe they can then sort out their messag board. Looks like I’m spamming sorry
2019-4-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Michael Gambie Posted at 4-6 04:12
Maybe they can then sort out their messag board. Looks like I’m spamming sorry

The absence of visual confirmation that a Post succeeded makes it difficult at times.

What I find interesting is that on a few occasions, after I post, I get an immediate redraw/refresh and my post shows up.  But that is very infrequent and I don't know what causes it.
2019-4-6
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks
2019-4-17
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

And that failed to post my complete message