4444 19 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26240 ft
Norway

Hey.
With the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + DJI Ground Station Pro it's possible to create flight routs in the field using the drone gps to determine the boundaries of the area of interest.
This is very handy for me as a worker in civil engineering. Ofen our projects are in places where the satelite overlay in the software only shows forest or other difficult areas.

Why isn't this function included in the software that follows the DJI Phantom 4 RTK? Will the function be added in the future?
2019-3-29
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's lots of ways that the GS RTK app is a step backwards in terms of functionality.

I think DJI devs work in a very silo'ed environment.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Launchpad McQuack. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given. Let me please forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. Thank you.
2019-3-29
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

The ability to individualy set the height for each waypoint is also an function we are missing in the software.
2019-4-2
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-29 14:07
Hello and good day Launchpad McQuack. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given. Let me please forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. Thank you.

Is there a good way to send you feedback beside this forum? We have a lot of input to come with regarding the software.

I'm working in the civil engineering, with a surveyor background. We are using drones for mapping our projects and have been using different drones and software the last 5 years to do so.

I would like to contribute to develop the RTK-app in the right direction. If interested in more and direct feedback you should send med a PM.

2019-4-2
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

I would like to know if this is a feature you will include in the Phantom 4 RTK drone? Is such a nice feature for us who are doing mapping of construction sites.
2019-4-23
Use props
Oto2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78530 ft
Latvia

Have you tried DJI Pilot app?
2019-4-24
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

Oto2 Posted at 4-24 01:27
Have you tried DJI Pilot app?

I'm not sure what the build in software in the DJI RTK drone are called. With the DJI RTK drone there is a seperate software.
2019-4-24
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

There are currently a couple of functions missin that is very useful for us:
- Be able to create flight plans with the drone itself (as you can do with the DJI Ground Station Pro)
- Be able to lay overlays (lines, Polygons, points) over the basemap/satelite map

For me the DJI RTK software is a step backwars from DJI. What we kinda want is the DJI GS Pro app with the RTK functionality, as the DJI GS Pro is a very good app for mapping.

If there are more people missing functions that should be included pleas reply in this thread.
2019-4-24
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I'm just waiting on DJI to fully release the SDK for 3rd parties so we can load DroneDeploy, Pix4d, Litchi etc>

The DJI GS Pro has a lot of things that are needed to make this a robust Mission App.
2019-4-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes, releasing the SDK is important. It took months for them to release the P4P V2 SDK, but I don't think it was this long. Having 3rd party apps for flight planning and  control would be a good thing.

As mentioned before, GS RTK and the system in general need a lot of work. Here 16 quickly off the top of my head, many already pointed out by other posters here in this thread and elsewhere:
  • Open and edit a saved mission
  • Terrain folowing using a DSM
  • KML flight path import
  • Recorded flight path import
  • Ability to specify waypoint elevations
  • Multi-flight missions that work
  • Consistent units across entire GUI
  • Ability to save NTRIP connection parameters (multiple)
  • Read mountpoints from NTRIP caster rather than requiring user to type one in a priori
  • Ability to save base station cordinates  (multiple)
  • Add an input box for antenna height when using D-RTK 2 base station, rather than requiring user to add antenna height to benchmark elevation (this should have default of factory-supplied pole and antenna with pointy end on BM)
  • Change the "Settings" button label to "Save" when entering base station coordinates
  • Remove the supposed >50m tolerance for base station coordinates
  • Allow use of "Here" for post-processing to find exact base station coordinates or use of local grid
  • Export of industry-standard RINEX files from both AC and D-RTK 2.
  • "Mode 3"?

If some of these have been fixed in recent firmware then great, but I think we're running the most recent and I haven't noticed any changes. I'm sure others will add more to the list, I know I will when they come to mind.
2019-4-24
Use props
Launchpad McQuack
lvl.2
Norway

Also the ability to pause a mission, change battery and resume the same mission is also a function we are missing. We have big areas to cover, and to be able to fly big missions with several batteries will be much welcome.
2019-5-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Launchpad McQuack Posted at 5-6 05:49
Also the ability to pause a mission, change battery and resume the same mission is also a function we are missing. We have big areas to cover, and to be able to fly big missions with several batteries will be much welcome.

Yup. That's my #6 in post #15. Currently the software won't return to the breakpoint when resuming a mission after a RTH and battery swap unless the BP is between transect lines.
2019-5-6
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

You shouldn't need to pause to restart a multiple battery mission. It should be writing a last photo taken location and then on a restart go to the last photo taken location +1 location. It's a very simple fix.
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6484478 ft
Australia

I am experiencing all the same issues with the GS RTK app that have been flagged by patiam.  

We as a business currently have 7 RTK units, but will hold off getting additional drones until some of the issues have been addressed.

Why should I be restricted to 50m when entering the coords?  Many of our projects are on local site datums and have heights that are arbitrary.  The inability to define this as I want makes the RTK unit less viable for commercial use.  Not to mention that it takes the D-RTK base awhile to get a reasonably accurate 'float' location, and if you do not give it enough time after powering on, it will give its initial coordinate over 50m away from the location.  Thus not allowing you to set the base coords without restarting the whole process.

Also, the waypoint mission planning functionality that is within DJI Terra needs to be brought onto the GS RTK app.  Having to carry around a laptop just to execute waypoint missions similar to GS Pro is ridiculous.  Not to mention the cost of DJI Terra annually to access this feature.

2019-5-6
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

They need a panorama mission as well. I had to go Old School with  P3S and Litchi next to 3 phase powerlines which causes the P3S to drift, the P4RTK would have been perfect for that mission.
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

So....judging by some of the forum posts, is anyone using the original GS Pro software with the Phantom 4 RTK?  I didn't know this was an option
2019-5-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like #2 Terrain following using a DSM was added in new firmware 2.01.0009.

Yay! (assuming it works).
2019-5-8
Use props
Mayehem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

DJI4Survey Posted at 5-6 14:57
I am experiencing all the same issues with the GS RTK app that have been flagged by patiam.  

We as a business currently have 7 RTK units, but will hold off getting additional drones until some of the issues have been addressed.

With regard to the vertical datum why not just put in a value it will accept and shift the photo centers by the difference in post? Pix4D does this very easily when loading in the photos.

And curious do you have 7 of these exact RTK units?? I thought us having 3 was a lot! hah
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI4Survey
lvl.4
Australia

Mayehem Posted at 5-8 11:47
With regard to the vertical datum why not just put in a value it will accept and shift the photo centers by the difference in post? Pix4D does this very easily when loading in the photos.

And curious do you have 7 of these exact RTK units?? I thought us having 3 was a lot! hah

Hey mate,

That is what we are doing currently, dumping out the photocentre locations out of agisoft/pix 4d, applying the vertical datum shift in excel and overwriting the original photocentres.

It works fine, but is an extra step that could cause issues across the amount of pilots we have in the business.  Would be ideal to have the ability to enter your site datum base height in the field.

We have 7 and growing, it is a great unit, massive time savings in both field work and processing.  Just needs tweaks to bring it in line with 3rd party apps/GS Pro etc.  And it seems like they are slowly bringing more functionality across.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules