Not a high up picture
682 11 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Regulars on this forum will know I do not post pictures regularly, but I thought this might provoke discussion. It was taken on the beach near to my house. From and altitude of around 2 feet. Some may think what is the point of doing that use and DSLR instead (I have Nikon D810 and lots of Nikon lenses). The difference is that I could not walk the ten yards or so to take the picture carrying my gear. My wheels could not take me either. The pooint here being I am a disabed person, as many know. Using my Phantom allows me to still take pictures, which I have done for nearly sixty years. So drones are not just for high up, they are good down low too.

Morecambe Bay

Morecambe Bay
2019-3-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Excellent capture!  You are right,  they don't have to be up high to take very good pics.
2019-3-29
Use props
PortlandProDrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231155 ft
United States

I agree with you. Using the picture you posted above, you could even move the drone out over the water and have it point towards the shoreline, which would be very difficult to do with ground-based gear. It gives us great mobility and the ability to capture a new perspective down low.

Chris Anson - Part 107 Certified Remote PIC
Skylum Online Ambassador - Drone Photographer

2019-3-29
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I could have moved out over the water but it had gone away at that time. The resulting mud flats, do not present a pretty picture. I do have many more of course, now I am taking images for me and not for someone else I take very few but they are for my enjoyment. I prefer HDR as you can see, and panoramas. Summer is coming, I am not sure which day it will be yet, but I can get out and get some more images then. Of course the other thing the drone does for me is not show the shaking from being cold, but thats another story.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day embayweather. Thank you for posting this beautiful video with us today and thank you for your support.
2019-3-29
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Nice photo and your comments about using the Phantom to enjoy photography while disabled are well taken.  Unfortunately, something most of us don't think about.  I'm glad you've found a new tool and looking forward to more photos.
2019-3-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely composed
2019-3-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wonderful capture! Nicely done
2019-3-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice
2019-3-30
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Very good capture. Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice capture.  
2021-2-18
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

A camera is meant to take images, be it on the ground or high up, so anywhere your drone record button get released, is a memory.
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules