Capturing telemetry data along with video
6954 5 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

Hi

How do I go about capturing telemetry data with the video, and play it all back together? I have downloaded some of the telemetry from the Mavic 2 using Assistant 2. It downloaded as a .dat file. If this is the only way to capture telemetry data, is there a way to use it with the video (Pilot, Go 4, something else)?

Thanks...

2019-3-29
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Use Racerender
That'll do the trick,
2019-3-29
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assistant 2 will create a .DAT that is encrypted. You'll need to use the .DAT or .txt from the DJI Go App.
2019-3-29
Use props
mikeydoo
lvl.3
United States

BudWalker Posted at 3-29 13:43
Assistant 2 will create a .DAT that is encrypted. You'll need to use the .DAT or .txt from the DJI Go App.

Thanks BW

If I'm using another app to perform the mission (Pilot or Go 4) do I then run Go and use it to download the telemetry?
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mikeydoo, if you enable the Video Caption in Camera Settings for Mavic 2, there will the SRT files to be generated separately after the video is recorded, which records the FrameCnt (frame number), DiffTime (time difference between the current frame and the previous one), ISO, Shutter, EV, GPS coordinates (after the firmware V01.00.02.00) and so on.
Please correct me if I understand the post wrongly.
2019-3-30
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikeydoo Posted at 3-29 14:06
Thanks BW

If I'm using another app to perform the mission (Pilot or Go 4) do I then run Go and use it to download the telemetry?

The Go App will record the .txt and a tablet version of the .DAT. If it's an Apple tablet then you'll need to use iTunes to retrieve those log files. If it's an Android tablet there are several file transfer apps that can be used to retrieve the log files.

Other Apps will have their own version of log files.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules