Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPDATE. Osmo Pocket mic problem that's reproducible
12902 59 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 6-25 13:18
Another update from me, after the latest Firmware update it seems to be even worse.
Maybe I didn't notice it before but there is an icon to show the adapter is connected but then it randomly shows that the microphone is connected but sometimes it never connects and when it does it can take an age.

I think it's doubtful you will get a higher audio level from any external mic you try. The only advantages are possibly a better frequency response, the ability to control wind noise a bit more and better directional control over where the sound is collected from. I'm finding an external mic is giving me roughly the same sound levels as the internal mics do. I hope you have better luck with a replacement audio adapter. If you plug the adapter in after powering up it does make the auto limiter kick in quite hard and takes time to recover. More than a few seconds and the volume slowly rises but the signal to noise ratio is quite good using a mic with a good SNR and sensitivity. In fact, the auto limiter is very fast to react to loud noise but very slow in recovery. This on average is a good thing but can be annoying if in an environment that suffers this type of interruption repeatedly.
2019-6-25
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Another update from me, after the latest Firmware update it seems to be even worse.
Maybe I didn't notice it before but there is an icon to show the adapter is connected but then it randomly shows that the microphone is connected but sometimes it never connects and when it does it can take an age.

Hi.

There may be an issue with your particular Pocket. The issue in this video is no longer happening on my system since one of the firmware updates.

I wouldn't complain anymore about some of the issues that I noticed in the past, as they are mostly sorted, except for the lack of discreet two channel recording.

To be honest, I think the Pocket is now an excellent recording device for both video and dialogue audio. There are many recording devices out there that don't record audio as well as the Pocket.

Like I said, it may be that your particular camera has a problem that's unique to itself. Hope you get it sorted soon, whatever the issue is.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-6-26
Use props
sygyzy
lvl.1
United States

David_Harry Posted at 6-26 09:04
Hi.

There may be an issue with your particular Pocket. The issue in this video is no longer happening on my system since one of the firmware updates.

This sounds like a big leap. Everyone is reporting issues with the adapter, and now you are dismissing them and claiming that the latest firmware fixed it?
2019-6-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

sygyzy@gmail.com Posted at 6-26 12:44
This sounds like a big leap. Everyone is reporting issues with the adapter, and now you are dismissing them and claiming that the latest firmware fixed it?

Well, there are certainly people reporting that they can't get their microphones to work but the complaints I've seen so far are microphones already reported not working before the update. The Mics I'm using are still working as they were before at about the same efficiency as the internal mics. If you are saying that you have a mic that did work but does not work now then let us know which mic it is.

There are definitely mics that don't work with the Osmo Pocket as their output is too low. I don't see that being fixed any time soon.

2019-6-26
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Or maybe it sounds like someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'd say the big leap is you saying that everyone is reporting issues. Where are all these issues that everyone is reporting, you don't mention any.

Do you actually know what you are doing?
2019-6-26
Use props
philippe caillois
New

France

David_Harry Posted at 6-26 13:43
Or maybe it sounds like someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'd say the big leap is you saying that everyone is reporting issues. Where are all these issues that everyone is reporting, you don't mention any.

I am speaking in your discussion to share with you my unfortunate experience with the dj audio adapter Osmo pocket
None of the microphones that I own powered or not
did not trigger the audio recording of the Osmo.
I was able to visualize the signal on the audio meter of the Osmo or smartphone screen when I connect to the microphone input of the adapter
using the headphone output of the Zoom H1 recorder which has a very powerful output signal ...
In this case, the quality of its signal is excellent.
I hope that DJI with an upcoming update will find a solution to this important problem that devalues ​​the interest of this beautiful camcorder
Ouvrir dans Google Traduction
2019-6-30
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

philippe caillois Posted at 6-30 08:36
I am speaking in your discussion to share with you my unfortunate experience with the dj audio adapter Osmo pocket
None of the microphones that I own powered or not
did not trigger the audio recording of the Osmo.

It is not impossible that you got a bad audio adapter.
A headphone output should be too high for a mic input unless the output volume has been lowered. There are or seem to be, a lot of microphones, powered or not, that do not work with the Osmo Pocket audio adapter, but equally, there are microphones that do.
Best matches I have found so far seem to be microphones with at least a 75dbm output level with a signal to noise ratio of at least -40 dB +/- 3dB.0dB=1V/Pa 1kHz that can operate with an external voltage supply of between 3v to 7v with an impedance of between 1,000 to 2,000 ohms.
2019-6-30
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe Dave said "since one of the firmware updates" not since the last update as you have stated.  I believe Dave is referring to the v01.07.00.20 firmware from 2019.05.16 which added volume adjustment for external microphone.  This is where we all saw the biggest improvement in external microphone audio.

Bob
2019-6-30
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 6-30 15:39
I believe Dave said "since one of the firmware updates" not since the last update as you have stated.  I believe Dave is referring to the v01.07.00.20 firmware from 2019.05.16 which added volume adjustment for external microphone.  This is where we all saw the biggest improvement in external microphone audio.

Bob

That's exactly right Bob.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-7-1
Use props
russj1975
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've just received my audio adapter and am having the same issue that CFGH pointed out earlier, in that there's an icon resembling a usb c connector that appears when the adapter is inserted which then changes to a mic icon when plugging in a microphone.  Problem being that it randomly disconnects or never detects a mic being inserted.  I'll probably return it.  I'm currently recording external audio into a zoom h1n and syncing up in post, and based on all the comments here it's likely to remain the most dependable and highest quality method.  Disappointing!
2019-7-1
Use props
fans458278ff
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have this exact problem.  Updated the firmware to latest yesterday and received the adapter today.  It's unreliable at best, showing the USB icon, then the mic icon.  I've had it where the mic appears to disconnect after stopping a recording, or cutting in and out during either stand by or recording.  It's taken an age for me to get my hands on one of these things and it's a let down to say the least.  I think I'll continue to record into an external unit and sync up in post.
2019-7-1
Use props
Russell Jackson
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've done some more testing and I believe I have discovered my problem, though it will need further testing to be certain.  The mics I use are the rode smart lav plus and the rode wireless go as a combo.  If I set the wireless go to its highest output, things appear to be stable and I can set a manual gain in the Osmo Pocket.  If I set the wireless go to medium output, the detection of a microphone is hit and miss.  Using the smart lav plus direct into the osmo has the same effect, its presence is hit and miss.  It looks like the adapter expects a decent input level
2019-7-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Russell Jackson Posted at 7-1 11:44
I've done some more testing and I believe I have discovered my problem, though it will need further testing to be certain.  The mics I use are the rode smart lav plus and the rode wireless go as a combo.  If I set the wireless go to its highest output, things appear to be stable and I can set a manual gain in the Osmo Pocket.  If I set the wireless go to medium output, the detection of a microphone is hit and miss.  Using the smart lav plus direct into the osmo has the same effect, its presence is hit and miss.  It looks like the adapter expects a decent input level

My Son's Rhode mic (Basic video mic) doesn't work at all. My Rhode video mic Pro will only work at +20dBm. Both of them have internal battery power. The mics I have that take their power from their host work OK level wise and have less white noise at lower recording levels. I would say the Pockets audio adapter is fussy about what it will work with but the end results when you get a good match is quite good.  
2019-7-1
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Russell Jackson Posted at 7-1 11:44

Yes and you might also note that the Wireless GO "highest output" as you call it is actually 0 dB attenuation. Medium and low decrease the microphone level.
2019-7-1
Use props
philippe caillois
New

France

Merci à vos tous pour vos réponses
Je pense que mon adaptateur n'est pas conforme,mais j'arrive à l'utiliser en ayant de bon résultat en sortie casque du Zoom H1
avec un simple cable jack mâle mâle 3.5mm.
en auto comme en enregistrement son manuel
par contre je possède le Sony ecm aw4 micro bluetooth qui
possède en réalité une très bon signal puisqu'il s'agit d'une sortie casque réglable
malheureusement l'enregistrement audio avec l 'adaptateur de l'Osmo pocket se coupe
dès que je le branche...
Merci encore pour votre participation
En espérant que DJI trouve une solution pratique et efficace
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

This issue has been fixed after 01.07.00.20 firmware update.

Plz provide a video if the problem persists in the latest firmware .
2019-7-2
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 7-2 01:00
This issue has been fixed after 01.07.00.20 firmware update.

Plz provide a video if the problem persists in the latest firmware .

I still have the problem, 01.07.00.20 didn't fix it and neither has the latest update.

Clearly DJI have sent faulty units out and are not admitting so.

DJI have offered to replace mine even though I bought it from ebay (It is an original DJI device). The fact that they are replacing it even though I didn't buy it directly from them and they are not asking for the faulty version back suggests to me that they know there are faulty units out there but are not admitting it.

Very poor customer service from DJI
2019-7-2
Use props
Rijschool Compass
New

Netherlands

Hello.. i have buy the dji adapter for external mic a few days agoo.. but when i used this with a mic. It doesnt record the audio.. what can i do please help. It is a stereo mic.
2019-7-11
Use props
DrDrJ
New

New Zealand

I've the same problem started just yesterday with an adaptor I got in March. Coincided with me trying to use a Rode Wireless Go after using my Rode Smart+ lavier with no issues for months - similar to #52. Grrrr. I'm not sure what can be done. DJI need to own this and fast.
2019-8-19
Use props
ccastillo1005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I found a technician in UK who can do the modification of the wireless module. I guarantee his work since I received mine within 2 weeks. Basically, after the modification, the wireless module will now work for both external mic, charger and wireless connectivity. Check this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FRzxtDNJQ
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules