Do you have nd filters?
1803 18 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Hi, guys who has nd filters please answer here I want to know if I need to buy them.
Thank you.
Edit: I now have nd filters.
Single SelectVote, Total 28 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-3-29
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

I don't have nd filters myself just wondering if I need to buy them.
2019-3-29
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

If you enter "filters" into the search box at the top of this forum you will see SCoutts great video "ND filters explained".  That will nicely answer your question.
2019-3-29
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 3-29 17:56
If you enter "filters" into the search box at the top of this forum you will see SCoutts great video "ND filters explained".  That will nicely answer your question.

Thanks
2019-3-29
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

its a must if you life in the tropics
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sparkdrone. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll.  I hope you'll get the best answer and information and answer here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who uses ND Filter on there drones. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-30
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Depend if you plan of recording on situation whee you might need them. I have 2 nd filter mostly for snow ans sun.
2019-3-30
Use props
BrianSC
lvl.4
Spain

If you want to lower the shutter speed and obtain motion blur for a more cinematic look on videos, then yes, you need ND filters.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

BrianSC Posted at 4-2 04:13
If you want to lower the shutter speed and obtain motion blur for a more cinematic look on videos, then yes, you need ND filters.

OK thank you.
2019-4-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

I do and i use them all the time
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

ArnoSpark Posted at 4-2 23:14
I do and i use them all the time

For the spark?
2019-4-3
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

Yes i only have spark
2019-4-3
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Some filter owners reported that the filter overloaded the gimbal of Spark, prevented shots by panoramic mode and so and so. Any other owner has the similar negative experience?
2019-4-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are more important if your drone has a fixed aperture and you are recording motion in your footage in bright light. If recording over reflective surfaces like large bodies of water and want to enhance the saturation of the prime colours in your image (blue sky, green trees etc) then also look into polarised filters too. If flying around at high altitudes where there is little motion and in environments with dull light then they are not as essential as many claim.
2019-4-3
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

A J Posted at 4-3 23:38
They are more important if your drone has a fixed aperture and you are recording motion in your footage in bright light. If recording over reflective surfaces like large bodies of water and want to enhance the saturation of the prime colours in your image (blue sky, green trees etc) then also look into polarised filters too. If flying around at high altitudes where there is little motion and in environments with dull light then they are not as essential as many claim.

OK, thanks.
2019-4-5
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

ArnoSpark Posted at 4-3 22:47
Yes i only have spark

OK, just wondering.
2019-4-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No worries
2019-4-6
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

sparkdrone Posted at 3-29 17:21
I don't have nd filters myself just wondering if I need to buy them.

actually I got them and they work fine I just don't see much of a difference when I use them.
2019-4-8
Use props
BrianSC
lvl.4
Spain

fans687a79c2 Posted at 4-3 23:29
Some filter owners reported that the filter overloaded the gimbal of Spark, prevented shots by panoramic mode and so and so. Any other owner has the similar negative experience?

The Polar Pro made for Spark have never caused any of those problems for me.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules