Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I control my P3S with just a phone?
260 5 3-30 15:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner500
Second Officer
United States

I was wondering if I’m able to control my P3S with just my phone. I know that you can do this with many other drones.

Thanks,
Droner500
3-30 15:13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No. Only the small short range drones can be controlled via WiFi. The DJI RC unit provides a much stronger radio signal and is equipped for receiving the video feed back from the camera.
3-30 15:19
Use props
ImranUlHaq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't believe you can.
3-30 15:21
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Droner500. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that you are not able to operate / fly your DJI Phantom 3 Standard just by using a mobile device / mobile phone alone. If you have any other inquies or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you.
3-30 15:34
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1444042 ft
Germany

You can´t control a P3S with a phone only,you ´ll need the RC to control it. The WIFI frequency is 2,4 GHz and not switchable to 5.8 GHz control frequency. Sorry ! The "WIFI router" is build in to the RC and not in the AC.  
3-30 23:27
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

As others say ..

But you can fly the P3 without phone / display by Controller alone ... but it will automatically restrict to beginner mode.
3-31 00:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules