Ground Station Problem
1199 3 2014-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
splat973702003
New

United States

Hey Experts, I need some help to know what I did wrong.  And what I should have done....

Flying my P2V+ V3 at the park today....  Flew for about 5 minutes, then decided to try the ground station....  I only set one way point to fly to.  I was already about 150 feet high.  I set the waypoint about 150 feet away, and 300 feet high and clicked go.  Phantom leaves, flies the flight path, gets to where it is going and stays there.  So Im thining all good.  But now I have no control over the Phantom.  So I went back to the ground station controls, and "abort mission", still nothing, deleted all waypoints, did everything I could and still did not have crontrol of the phantom.  I even disabled ground station off my phone....  So it hovered up there for about 15 minutes, then when I got into the yellow on the display for battery level, it asked if it can return to home....  It came right back, and landed no problem....

What did I do wrong, and what should i have done?  I just got this drone 3 days ago, and its had no problems at all.  All the firmware was up to date out of the box, except for the batteries....  Should I update them?  They are on 2.0.0.0 right now....

Please help if you can...

Thanks,

Tony B
2014-11-10
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Flip the S1 switch. This would have relinquished control back to you. Easy-peasy
2014-11-10
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Though I have not used ground station yet what I have found reading about it and watching YouTube videos, you have to connect the points. Meaning, from your start point go out to all your desired set points with your last point being back at the start. You just gave your phantom instructions to go to one point. After that it doesn't know what to do but hover until the low battery command to return home. Ground station is a command set independent from your controller. I suggest for any new phantom owner, don't do anything you don't fully understand and know what your doing. You got lucky this time and it came home, next time you could loose the bird into the wild blue yonder.
2014-11-10
Use props
splat973702003
New

United States

Hey insitb,

Thank you for the input....  That was very helpful...

As for resthuringer, I thought I fully understood the ground station.  I am a new owner, so you are correct, I dont know everything.  But instead of just posting what you did, maybe post something helpful.....  That way we can all learn from each other...
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules