Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mapping Software
10781 33 2019-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amoak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12464 ft
United States

Since I purchased a smart controller, I’m finding very limited uses for my drone other than video and pictures. I cannot use any of the commercial mapping programs such as DroneDeploy and P4X due to limits of android operating system. Now I see that DJI has come out with a mapping software that apparently has the same problem. This knocks me out of the commercial use for mavic 2 pro drones until this is resolved. I’m really disappointed with DJI as I’m out over $600 for a controller that I thought would be fantastic. I started a business that was immediately put on hold until the smart controller can access mapping programs. This could be your biggest mistake yet DJI.

2019-3-31
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Does the REGULAR controller allow mapping software to work?
2019-3-31
Use props
Amoak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12464 ft
United States

The regular controller is paired to whatever phone, iPad or notepad you wish to use and any of the available mapping programs work on those products. The problem originates with DJI’s modified android software in the smart controller.
2019-3-31
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.ugcs.com
2019-3-31
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 3-31 22:47
https://www.ugcs.com

Does UGCS work on the Smart Controller? I haven't tried yet.
2019-4-26
Use props
Gdecsrl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50686 ft
Italy

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 4-26 07:50
Does UGCS work on the Smart Controller? I haven't tried yet.

No, Ugcs don't work in SC. Third party app can install but don't work in SC
do you know how we can work for plan mapping?

thanks
2019-4-26
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

My problem exactly. I have the DJI Pilot on my Samsung s10+ and it links up to my Mavic 2 Zoom and seems to work but I can't get Pilot loaded on the Smart controller. They say if I link up the Mavic 2 Enterprise the Pilot app will start automatically  on the Smart Controller I don't have to install it. Hmmm.

I hope they allow 3rd party apps soon.
TK
2019-4-26
Use props
Kellyn Montgomery
New

United States

Same issue here! Wish I would've read this post before purchasing a Mavic 2 with the smart controller. And REALLY wish DJI would disclose the very limited capabilities of the smart controller on the product page! Its ridiculous that their own software doesn't work on their hardware. Here we are in June and there are still no mapping software options. Please correct me if I'm wrong though!
2019-6-19
Use props
djiuser_d91gStzUVwOO
New

United States

Kellyn Montgomery Posted at 6-19 08:04
Same issue here! Wish I would've read this post before purchasing a Mavic 2 with the smart controller. And REALLY wish DJI would disclose the very limited capabilities of the smart controller on the product page! Its ridiculous that their own software doesn't work on their hardware. Here we are in June and there are still no mapping software options. Please correct me if I'm wrong though!

Yep... Same boat. My Mavic 2 pro kit came in from Amazon on Monday.  I haven't ever messed with one of these before and It looked like a great machine which it IS!  I hate mucking about with cellphones and apps and cables and all that nonsense and just wanted to have a controller that was all in one.  So I stupidly bought the Smart Controller!  It is expensive as hell and has great reviews and can take apps like a phone right!  Sounds good to me!  Shut up and take my money right?

Anyway Its Wednesday and I turned off beginner mode and started doing some more long range flights in preparation for mapping a 40 acre property.  I fired up the remote tonight and started looking for the dronedeploy options or whatever and then discovered that there are NONE!   I'm not going to lie but I think I am going to have to return the entire kit through Amazon and get another kit without the stupid controller.  Otherwise I have to plunk down another 500 bucks for the normal controller that I don't have right now.  Anyone got a used one for a mavic2 pro they want to sell cheap?   What a joke.  Its not like it is easy to find out that a primary function of this tool is missing from the tool.  I messaged their support but having read this forum I already know what the answer is. Very disappointed.
2019-8-7
Use props
Ян Тараханов
New

Russia

So much time has passed since the controller was released, we still pay for the raw product, expect more and soon, Dji from you !!!
2019-8-17
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

No DJI news on this whatsoever....
2019-8-17
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

Kindly advice what sort of mapping are you looking for ?  IS it for Crop analysis ?
2019-8-17
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
India

Amoak Posted at 3-31 18:13
The regular controller is paired to whatever phone, iPad or notepad you wish to use and any of the available mapping programs work on those products. The problem originates with DJI’s modified android software in the smart controller.

Kindly advice what sort of mapping are you looking for ?  Is it for crop analysis  or general land surveying or is it for building roof inspection or electrical transmission line inspection ?
2019-8-17
Use props
bikerspost
New
United States

Sell your smart controller and get a phone controller. Problem solved
2019-8-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneDeploy 100% works on my Note 9 with Standard controllers.  I highly recommend it.
2019-8-19
Use props
ermannomarino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18671 ft
Italy

Gdecsrl Posted at 4-26 11:49
No, Ugcs don't work in SC. Third party app can install but don't work in SC
do you know how we can work for plan mapping?

Hy, it is absurd that you buy smart to improve system performance and you cannot use it to make surveys in a professional environment... but dji says nothing?
2019-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 8-19 15:06
DroneDeploy 100% works on my Note 9 with Standard controllers.  I highly recommend it.

+1 for DroneDeploy
2019-8-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

But landing clients to pay for your orthomosiacs is another story.  You can have the best tech in the world but if no one chooses to pay for it, you make $0.
2019-8-23
Use props
djiuser_kzuhIOg8UPYv
New

United States

I agree rediculous and I never wanted to use my iphone or an ipad to control the drone, I thought the smart controller was safer.  Now I can't use it to complete mapping project either and their goes more profit for my business.  How frustrating.  Please dji if you read these find a solution for us where we can download other apps onto our smart controller like the DJI GS PRO app.  I should be able to download that app onto the smart controller and use it.  I think I am going to have to send a letter of recommendation and request this.  This hurts a lot of small businesses trying to use your product and causes us to spend more unneccsary funds when this can be easily fixed on your end.  Please put it in your future plans.  I will check back at this forum or be looking for a press release or response.  Thanks!
2019-12-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes, it is an embarrassment for DJI that you with their own overpriced professional products (Smart Controller), can not use them for professional work... DJI Pilot is locked out for Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom.

While you can use a phone or tablet for mapping, it is far from good depending on the environment. I've tried mapping in somewhat windy and cold environments with an iPad, but it was a mess. It works for a couple of minutes, then you have to heat them in the car because they turn off in the cold. The Smart Controller and CrystalSky can take cold better, and are made for withstanding it.
2019-12-9
Use props
3PO
lvl.1
United States

I bought a Smart Controller anticipating that it would be an "all-in-one" solution. DJI should be warning customers of its limited capability!
2020-1-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

3PO Posted at 1-4 22:14
I bought a Smart Controller anticipating that it would be an "all-in-one" solution. DJI should be warning customers of its limited capability!

So many people in this thread just guessing that the smart controller could do everything.
It's selling point is that it's very bright and great for daylight viewing - that's all.
That's never been suggested by DJI, just assumed by some buyers despite it being very well known that it doesn't accept 3rd party apps.

The solution is very simple - just use a regular controller and tablet.
Like anyone that did their research before buying.
2020-1-4
Use props
3PO
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-4 22:56
So many people in this thread just guessing that the smart controller could do everything.
It's selling point is that it's very bright and great for daylight viewing - that's all.

Short of reading all threads on some obscure forums, there is nothing in the product description that could alert customers of the limited functionality of the product. On the contrary, DJI purports that one can install third-party apps. There is no fine print saying "Android only" apps. More significantly, none of the photogrammetry apps that I was able to install actually work. It was also interesting to discover that DJI's own apps such as GS Pro are available for iOS only. I.e., DJI's software is not supported on DJI's own hardware! Who could have guessed. I for sure would not have purchased a newer and more expensive item knowing that it can do a lot less than a previous cheaper model.
PS. The display on the new controller is not brighter than that on a smartphone or a tablet. Just in case a future customer might consider that being worth of extra several hundred $$.  
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_wcFND0Ay34zG
New
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I am on the same boat as all! The not so "Smart" Controller only allows me to use the DJI GO 4 app and I cannot install any third-party application for Photogrammetry apps like Drone Deploy, SiteScan for ArcGIS, and many others. While I did have success installing Pix4D somehow the app doesn't run the mission so there are glitches and bugs that honestly I would not recommend anyone use.

So at the moment, I have a "smart" useless remote controller.  Does anyone know where I can buy the Standard Remote Controller? I see that DJI doesn't even sell that on their online store.
2021-1-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_wcFND0Ay34zG Posted at 1-20 13:32
I am on the same boat as all! The not so "Smart" Controller only allows me to use the DJI GO 4 app and I cannot install any third-party application for Photogrammetry apps like Drone Deploy, SiteScan for ArcGIS, and many others. While I did have success installing Pix4D somehow the app doesn't run the mission so there are glitches and bugs that honestly I would not recommend anyone use.

So at the moment, I have a "smart" useless remote controller.  Does anyone know where I can buy the Standard Remote Controller? I see that DJI doesn't even sell that on their online store.

There are always plenty on ebay etc.
2021-1-20
Use props
The Newbee
New
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-20 14:26
There are always plenty on ebay etc.

I've seen some, and some are expensive and have different model numbers. Does anyone know the latest RC model number? I just bought this drone last week, so I am guessing I will need the RC with OcuSync 2.0
2021-1-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_wcFND0Ay34zG Posted at 1-20 13:32
I am on the same boat as all! The not so "Smart" Controller only allows me to use the DJI GO 4 app and I cannot install any third-party application for Photogrammetry apps like Drone Deploy, SiteScan for ArcGIS, and many others. While I did have success installing Pix4D somehow the app doesn't run the mission so there are glitches and bugs that honestly I would not recommend anyone use.

So at the moment, I have a "smart" useless remote controller.  Does anyone know where I can buy the Standard Remote Controller? I see that DJI doesn't even sell that on their online store.

yes, i have a brand new remote controller rc1b for mavic 2 with occusync 2.0 that i've never used because i have a smart controller and as a recreational pilot, my needs are met fully. please pm me if you are interested.
2021-1-20
Use props
4Pro_Moverio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 2019-3-31 17:47
Does the REGULAR controller allow mapping software to work?

Yes, I have one. Pix4D, but recently stopped working, I think it may be version, or recent Moverio upgrade to Web Browser
2021-2-24
Use props
Diamond Drone
lvl.1
United States

i just tried to install and USE pix4d this weekend on my smart controller.  I NEED to have drone mapping ASAP.  I just lost a gig this week. what do we do now in mid-2021 ?
2021-7-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Diamond Drone Posted at 7-19 18:35
i just tried to install and USE pix4d this weekend on my smart controller.  I NEED to have drone mapping ASAP.  I just lost a gig this week. what do we do now in mid-2021 ?

Why don't people do any research before getting to this stage.
The smart controller can't load 3rd party programs and has never been able to.

The solution is very simple.
Go to ebay and find a regular controller for your drone and use that with a phone or tablet.
2021-7-19
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 7-19 20:54
Why don't people do any research before getting to this stage.
The smart controller can't load 3rd party programs and has never been able to.

Despite your posting twice on this subject it appears to be Fake news I'm afraid my dear Labroides.

Taken directly from the DJI website after doing a Google search for Smart Controller. You know...it's called research...

https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/smart-controller

Customized System
The DJI Smart Controller's customized Android system and optimized DJI GO 4 app give you freedom from the restraints of conventional mobile devices to ensure faster, focused aerial creation.The Smart Controller also supports third-party apps[3] for a variety of additional sharing and editing options.

Notes:
3. DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party app prevents you from enjoying optimal use of your controller, we suggest you remove the app or restore the controller to the original factory settings.

The User Manual also refers to the installation of third-party apps about half a dozen times on various pages in particular page 15;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

App Center
Tap to enter App Center. Users can find default system apps and third-party apps that have been downloaded.

I have no skin in this game other than DJI once recommending I install a 3rd Party app https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 298&pid=1745320 on my own Smart Controller to which I declined but it annoys me when I see condescending blatantly false posts aimed at other users.

Just sayin'

-=Glyn=-
2021-8-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GlynH Posted at 8-30 11:42
Despite your posting twice on this subject it appears to be Fake news I'm afraid my dear Labroides.

Taken directly from the DJI website after doing a Google search for Smart Controller. You know...it's called research...

it annoys me when I see condescending blatantly false posts aimed at other users.
What annoys me is  condescending, blatantly ignorant posts aimed at me by a twerp with no idea what he's talking about.

I have no skin in this game other than DJI once recommending I install a 3rd Party app https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 298&pid=1745320 on my own Smart Controller to which I declined.

So you haven't tried yourself and haven't done any simple google research either.
Yet you're convinced that I'm fake news??

Here's a little to start with.
https://community.pix4d.com/t/new-dji-smart-controller/7862/109
https://forum.dronedeploy.com/t/ ... -controller/16774/2

Try again when you have a little understanding of the topic being discussed.

2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_cnvIfI0sN1OH
lvl.1

United States

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 2019-4-26 07:50
Does UGCS work on the Smart Controller? I haven't tried yet.

this is from there site
Download UgCS for DJI application directly from UgCS Download section https://www.ugcs.com/dji and run APK Installer.
UgCS for DJI starting version 2.23 supports the map provider Mapbox, which allows to use UgCS for DJI on devices without Google Play service, such as DJI SmartController.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_cnvIfI0sN1OH
lvl.1

United States

i installed the pilot pe for mapping. then uploaded to drone deploy it works ok. you will need to create a new camera for the mavic 2 pro. that is where i need a little help. there is no option for that camera.
Ed,
2021-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules