Using smart and standard controller with same Mavic 2?
2579 7 2019-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

Is it possible to pair the smart controller and the standard controller to the same Mavic 2 to use alternately (i.e. one at a time)?

Is it possible to use the smart controller and the standard controler at the same time with same Mavic 2 (i.e. for training)?

Thanks,

Larry
2019-3-31
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You can LINK the drone with one at a time.  So link to Smart, then to regular, then back.  But I don't think you can have it have both and just choose.

The early manuals said "dual controllers coming soon" but that was removed from the more recent manuals.  So don't expect it.
2019-3-31
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 3-31 17:45
You can LINK the drone with one at a time.  So link to Smart, then to regular, then back.  But I don't think you can have it have both and just choose.

The early manuals said "dual controllers coming soon" but that was removed from the more recent manuals.  So don't expect it.

Thx FF22,

That is what my experience was, but I was hoping I was missing something.

Larry
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart Remote controller and the standard remote controller for the Mavic 2 Pro can be used on your aircraft to use it alternately, however, the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't support dual remote controller as of the time being, therefore, you can only use and connect one remote controller on our Mavic 2 Pro. Hope that this information would clarify your query for today. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-1
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 14:44
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Smart Remote controller and the standard remote controller for the Mavic 2 Pro can be used on your aircraft to use it alternately, however, the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't support dual remote controller as of the time being, therefore, you can only use and connect one remote controller on our Mavic 2 Pro. Hope that this information would clarify your query for today. Thank you for continued support.

Yes, that matches my experience and also what another used reported.  Just to be clear though, when you say they can be used alternately, you mean if you pair it every time you switch between controllers.  when I asked about using them alternately, I was asking if they could both be paired and then used alternately without having to constantly re-pair them.  That is apparently not possible at this time.

Larry
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 4-1 17:12
Yes, that matches my experience and also what another used reported.  Just to be clear though, when you say they can be used alternately, you mean if you pair it every time you switch between controllers.  when I asked about using them alternately, I was asking if they could both be paired and then used alternately without having to constantly re-pair them.  That is apparently not possible at this time.

Larry

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't support the dual remote controller mode, therefore, you'll be needing to do the linking process every time you switches between the Smart remote controller and the standard RC. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-2
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 10:22
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. As the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't support the dual remote controller mode, therefore, you'll be needing to do the linking process every time you switches between the Smart remote controller and the standard RC. Thank you for understanding.

OK Thanks.  My question is well-answered (though I don't particularly "like" the answer). ;)

Larry
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 4-2 10:50
OK Thanks.  My question is well-answered (though I don't particularly "like" the answer). ;)

Larry

You're most welcome. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules