Can't Calibrate OP
908 11 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone experienced such an error?

I bought it yesterday, noticed that the gimbal wasn't horizontal and immediately tried to calibrate it through the menu - get's to 10% and just fails.

2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Please allow us to forward this matter into our designated department for further clarification. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-1
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-1 16:18
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Please allow us to forward this matter into our designated department for further clarification. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks, Tony.

FYI, I did do quite a bit of research and tried a bunch of things, including:

- Placed in different places (all flat and level surfaces), facing different things, facing outside so it had a horizon to reference, etc;
- Reset in camera;
- Initiate the calibration with phone connected;
- With and without SD card;
- Full charge;
2019-4-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Contact DJI Support through an online chat session and provide a link to this thread (or at least have a link to the video).  Use the following link to get to support, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the chat option.  I wouldn't wait for an answer in the forum.  If it's a problem the support service will be immediately be able to let you know what to do next. https://www.dji.com/support  
2019-4-1
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 4-1 19:32
Contact DJI Support through an online chat session and provide a link to this thread (or at least have a link to the video).  Use the following link to get to support, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the chat option.  I wouldn't wait for an answer in the forum.  If it's a problem the support service will be immediately be able to let you know what to do next. https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks very much for the advice. I ended up returning it this evening, so I'm in no real rush at this point, otherwise, I'd be all over the official support channels and really getting to the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, they didn't have anymore in stock, so I couldn't exchange it... just a refund. So now I'm back online and thinking if I should pick one up again or not
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rubenv Posted at 4-1 16:54
Thanks, Tony.

FYI, I did do quite a bit of research and tried a bunch of things, including:

Hi, thanks for the update and additional information in regards to this case. We've forwarded this concern into our designated department, however, we haven't received an update in regards to the situation. We're sorry to know that you've ended up into a refund process as the reseller doesn't have a stock of our Osmo Pocket. We're hoping that you could get another Osmo Pocket as soon as possible. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

rubenv Posted at 4-1 19:59
Thanks very much for the advice. I ended up returning it this evening, so I'm in no real rush at this point, otherwise, I'd be all over the official support channels and really getting to the bottom of this.

Unfortunately, they didn't have anymore in stock, so I couldn't exchange it... just a refund. So now I'm back online and thinking if I should pick one up again or not

Since you're in the US, I'd suggest watching both B&H PhotoVideo, and Adorama.  I've been a customer of both of them for over 20 years and never had issues when returning or exchanging.  The also take .... for secure processing.  I see that some of their "bundles" are pending, but a check a few days ago had the solo OP available.
2019-4-2
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 4-2 15:22
Since you're in the US, I'd suggest watching both B&H PhotoVideo, and Adorama.  I've been a customer of both of them for over 20 years and never had issues when returning or exchanging.  The also take .... for secure processing.  I see that some of their "bundles" are pending, but a check a few days ago had the solo OP available.

Thanks for recommending them. I'll check them out if my second unit coming from Bestbuy (arriving tomorrow) turns out defective. Hopefully this isn't a case of "3rd try is a charm".
2019-4-3
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 10:54
Hi, thanks for the update and additional information in regards to this case. We've forwarded this concern into our designated department, however, we haven't received an update in regards to the situation. We're sorry to know that you've ended up into a refund process as the reseller doesn't have a stock of our Osmo Pocket. We're hoping that you could get another Osmo Pocket as soon as possible. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony,

Any luck at having your L2/Dev's look at the video and give any insight into this error? I'm curious to know what could have caused this. Simply production defect? Box was severely tossed around in shipping and broke it?

Thanks,
Ruben
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rubenv Posted at 4-3 12:52
Hi Tony,

Any luck at having your L2/Dev's look at the video and give any insight into this error? I'm curious to know what could have caused this. Simply production defect? Box was severely tossed around in shipping and broke it?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've coordinated and follow up this situation to our related team to see what might be the reason behind this matter. No worries, we will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback from our team. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-4
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 10:05
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I've coordinated and follow up this situation to our related team to see what might be the reason behind this matter. No worries, we will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback from our team. Thank you for understanding.

Hello. Were you able to get any details on this issue and what could cause it?
2019-4-19
Use props
osmo_cosmo
New
Germany

mine is the same. can't get it to go past 5% without an error
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules