In USA latest galaxy S 8 update can't connect
763 7 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vader1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340030 ft
United States

Hi my Samsung Galaxy S 8 just did a recent android update and now I can't connect the spark controller to my phone via the cable. Hoping to find a fix for this issue.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what are the versions of your application, firmware, and the operating system of the said mobile device? Have you tried to use a different cable to isolate this matter? Would it be possible if you could try to connect your mobile device to the wi-fi of the Spark to see if the app will still communicate with your aircraft? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-2
Use props
Vader1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 10:31
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what are the versions of your application, firmware, and the operating system of the said mobile device? Have you tried to use a different cable to isolate this matter? Would it be possible if you could try to connect your mobile device to the wi-fi of the Spark to see if the app will still communicate with your aircraft? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

My phone worked fine with the cable provided by DJI with my Spark when I bought it.  I can connect to the spark with my phone's wifi but now it doesn't connect with the DJI cable for Galaxy S 8 after this last android update on my phone a couple of days ago. It was working perfectly till then. As far as the firmware and software it's Android version 9, kernal version 4.4153-15480849. Software version G950USQU5DSC1 , it was a security update and now I can't connect with the DJI cable, my phone with the controller but I can connect my phone using the wifi.
2019-4-2
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Just checked this on my S8+ with 9 update and at 1st it wanted to only connect with wifi. I had to back out of go4 and go back in and it worked then as it should with the cable.
2019-4-3
Use props
Vader1
lvl.2
United States

Mikem691 Posted at 4-3 04:20
Just checked this on my S8+ with 9 update and at 1st it wanted to only connect with wifi. I had to back out of go4 and go back in and it worked then as it should with the cable.

I tired that to, it still won't connect with the cable it just shows the phone charging. It worked just fine before the most current update a few days ago.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vader1 Posted at 4-2 20:03
My phone worked fine with the cable provided by DJI with my Spark when I bought it.  I can connect to the spark with my phone's wifi but now it doesn't connect with the DJI cable for Galaxy S 8 after this last android update on my phone a couple of days ago. It was working perfectly till then. As far as the firmware and software it's Android version 9, kernal version 4.4153-15480849. Software version G950USQU5DSC1 , it was a security update and now I can't connect with the DJI cable, my phone with the controller but I can connect my phone using the wifi.

Hi, thanks for the update. I would recommend using another cable to isolate the problem, You may uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes. Please sync the flight records using the application and save important files before deleting the app. if this phenomenon would persist, you could provide the details of the version of the firmware of your aircraft and the application for further assistance, Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-4
Use props
Vader1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 09:25
Hi, thanks for the update. I would recommend using another cable to isolate the problem, You may uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes. Please sync the flight records using the application and save important files before deleting the app. if this phenomenon would persist, you could provide the details of the version of the firmware of your aircraft and the application for further assistance, Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony, thank you for your recommendations. I did an uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go 4 app and now my phone seems to work just fine with the cable that came with my Spark for the Galaxy S 8. I want to thank everyone for there input and help. Safe flying everyone!
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vader1 Posted at 4-4 11:42
Hi Tony, thank you for your recommendations. I did an uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go 4 app and now my phone seems to work just fine with the cable that came with my Spark for the Galaxy S 8. I want to thank everyone for there input and help. Safe flying everyone!

Hi, thank you for the update. We're glad that you've managed to fix the problem via uninstalling and re-installing the application. Please let us know if you have other concerns. May you please always have a safe flight ahead! Cheers!
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules