Focus Pulsing NOT FIXED on the new FW
1165 15 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Hi guys,
I updated the new FW and unfortunatelly the Focus Pulsing wasn't fixed yet by this FW.
I can tell that for now it looks even worse on my OP than it was before... The yellow square is blinking like crazzy when I'm filming in AFC mode...
I wonder if anyone of the owners who have seen this Focus Pulsing while filming before seen any improvement after the new FW installation.
All the other improvements are minor but nice.

Cheers!
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DJDream. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insight with us with regards to the new firmware that was released. This information will be taken seriously to make the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application better in the future. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-2
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thats a shame. I haven't updated mine yet - but what particular scene changes highlight the problem so can compare before / after ?
2019-4-2
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thats a shame.        I haven't updated mine yet - but what particular scene changes highlight the problem ? so can compare before / after ?  
2019-4-2
Use props
GoPro King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

LMAO...…..I knew dji wouldn't fix it.
2019-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

To what version of the FirmWare did you update?  Mine works better with .06.00.2
2019-4-2
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

WebParrot Posted at 4-2 15:24
To what version of the FirmWare did you update?  Mine works better with .06.00.2

I've update to the newest version available - V 01.06.00.20. All the other new improvements/fixes are there except this one.
How do you see it works better? The Focus Yellow Square doesn't pulsing between the different scenes? Is pulsing once per two seconds? Randomly?  Not pulsing at all?
2019-4-2
Use props
edwardyyy
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I think it's much much better now, the lens breathes more smoothly and not as disgusting as before.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

edwardyyy Posted at 4-2 20:13
I think it's much much better now, the lens breathes more smoothly and not as disgusting as before.

The question is if the Yellow Square is blinking less than it was before the firmware.
In my case, it is at least the same blinking frequency if not faster than before.
2019-4-2
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Focus is definitely working better for me, make sure that you recalibrate OP after the update. No issues here with the focus square flashing.
2019-4-3
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Gulfstream Posted at 4-3 02:11
Focus is definitely working better for me, make sure that you recalibrate OP after the update. No issues here with the focus square flashing.

Ditto for me too
2019-4-3
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I can easily feel smoother focusing, very stable after focusing, it won't intent to focus instantly like phone but give a more cinematic feeling, great improvents!
2019-4-3
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJDream Posted at 4-2 20:12
I've update to the newest version available - V 01.06.00.20. All the other new improvements/fixes are there except this one.
How do you see it works better? The Focus Yellow Square doesn't pulsing between the different scenes? Is pulsing once per two seconds? Randomly?  Not pulsing at all?

I take my OP with me with my hiking group.  Moving subjects at varying distances with the camera needing to make focus adjustments to near and far movements.  Also there is changing light patterns while hiking amongst trees.  Previous version had somewhat noticeable pulsing in variable lighting with motion.  As I said in my first reply, this version (06.00.02) -with the similar lighting and motion- it improved.  Pulsing with ANY autofocus system can be challenged in such a manner.  Sophisticated DSLR's try to compensate by creating user defined focus areas within a shot.  Using an AFC with such a wide field of view is going to be limiting, even if those kinds of options are available.  If you're looking for that kind of sophistication, go Red.... and expect to pay $$ in five figures.
2019-4-3
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJDream Posted at 4-2 22:22
The question is if the Yellow Square is blinking less than it was before the firmware.
In my case, it is at least the same blinking frequency if not faster than before.
Yellow focus mark and focus pulsing issue is differnt thing.
You can have a smooth focus when yellow focus mark pulsing and pulsing focus when yellow focus mark steady.

Don’t just look at the yellow focus mark. You need to investigate actual footage to judge the call.
2019-4-3
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I have so far tested in daylight & indoor with motion, distance and light changes and no pulsing yet.
Will continue to lowlight test but so far very promising.
2019-4-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJDream Posted at 4-2 22:22

The yellow box always blinks when the content of the image changes (when the camera moves).
This is quite normal. This flashing square indicates the automatic reset of the sharpness.
What has been improved is the redundant, repeated repetition that was similar to pulsation. No focus now if the image does not change significantly.
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules