Zenmuse X7 on rig?
5966 6 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naesmac
lvl.1

United States

I'm very newbie to DJI. I'm seeing how the Zenmuse X7 simply snaps onto the mounting plate on the Inspire 2. After 14.3 seconds, I started looking for the Ronin rig that could accept the Zenmuse. Are you serious it's not a product? I'm going to invest $12k in this and I can't use the camera handheld unless I walk around with my Inspire 2 in my hands? Surely there's a simple carbon fiber rig with battery and trigger for the Zenmuse gimbal and camera system???
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the Zenmuse X7 is not compatible with our Ronin series for you to have a camera handheld. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-2
Use props
naesmac
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-2 15:00
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that the Zenmuse X7 is not compatible with our Ronin series for you to have a camera handheld. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for continued support.

ha, I do understand that it's not compatible with current ronins based on the product pages... seems like an extremely obvious omission. That's $8000USD for a camera and lens set that requires me to have a redundant gimbal and camera system. Am I the first person to wonder why this isn't a thing yet? On roadmap? Does the Zenmuse X7 so I can easily interface it?
2019-4-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There's an image of handheld camera with X7 gimbal, bouncing around recently. It's just a leak, nothing officially confirmed by DJI. NAB show may deliver more info, eventually. BTW, there's much more involved into X7 Ronin adapter than you may think. Note that this thing which "simply snaps onto the mounting plate on Inspire 2" is just a lens, sensor and gimbal assembly. The camera brain and SSD drive are hidden in drone shell.

2019-4-2
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-2 22:00
There's an image of handheld camera with X7 gimbal, bouncing around recently. It's just a leak, nothing officially confirmed by DJI. NAB show may deliver more info, eventually. BTW, there's much more involved into X7 Ronin adapter than you may think. Note that this thing which "simply snaps onto the mounting plate on Inspire 2" is just a lens, sensor and gimbal assembly. The camera brain and SSD drive are hidden in drone shell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQdtfNmBSw&t=2s

omg ... never thought it could look like this
2019-4-3
Use props
naesmac
lvl.1

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-2 22:00
There's an image of handheld camera with X7 gimbal, bouncing around recently. It's just a leak, nothing officially confirmed by DJI. NAB show may deliver more info, eventually. BTW, there's much more involved into X7 Ronin adapter than you may think. Note that this thing which "simply snaps onto the mounting plate on Inspire 2" is just a lens, sensor and gimbal assembly. The camera brain and SSD drive are hidden in drone shell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQdtfNmBSw&t=2s

Yeah reading more about it, it looks way more complicated. Ssd and SOC “brain” need to be incorporated. Hope very much it’s not what’s in that video. Wondering if I could just find
a damaged Inspire 2 and hack it’s props off and add arms and figure out a way to integrate thr controller components.
2019-4-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

naesmac Posted at 4-4 00:17
Yeah reading more about it, it looks way more complicated. Ssd and SOC “brain” need to be incorporated. Hope very much it’s not what’s in that video. Wondering if I could just find
a damaged Inspire 2 and hack it’s props off and add arms and figure out a way to integrate thr controller components.

Some DIY people are building just that, but damaged beyond reparation and still "alive" Inspire for sale is hard to find. This guy cannibalized perfectly flyable drone to get handheld gimbal camera ...

https://inspirepilots.com/threads/vehicle-mount-inspire-2.22306/
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules